Can't escape

As the conversation started to die down. I said my thank yous. The food was so good. But what I say is that the people that serve you and the emotion they give out when talking to you is what makes the food even more delicious.

I started to the head towards the door. When a loud ringing came from behind the counter. I could hear the buzzing sound vibrating on the counter.

The older woman rushed out , wipping her wet hands on her red appron.
"Hello. Yes this is....oh god..its you my baby" she said in a low whisper . Her hand slowly moving to her chest, settling her hand on her heart. It felt like I could hear her heart beat.

I smiled to myself, it was probably her son. I reached for the door handle. Right before the bell of the door rang "Namjoonie...yes I met..." her gaze slowly falling on me.

My brain wasn't functioning. Did I hear her correctly. Surely there is another Namjoon in the world. But the thought of it actually being him made my heart beat erraticaly. My breathing god quicker.

Her soft eyes settled down on my face, with a soft smile she was about to walk over to me.

Before I even blinked, I was running out the door. Its like my feet had a mind of their own. It was my anxiety pushing me out of a difficult or more of a unwanted situation.

My feet moved faster than they ever had in my life. I could feel my right calf starting to get a cramp. And my left one start to ache.

My mind was so focused on getting myself out of the situation that I didn't even notice that I was right by the bus stop.

Finally getting home, I quickly jogged up the stairs. The house was quiet. They were probably sleeping. I walked in my room. To see Rosé passed out on the bed.
Her arm hanging on the edge of Areum's crib.

Both of them were sleeping peacfully. As i set down my jacket and bag. I heard the bed make a low squeak.

"Oh hey, you're back" Rosé said in a sleepy voice slowly raising her hand to rub her eyes. She was truly gifted with beauty. Like she just woke up and she looks like a model. Milky skin and light pink hair. So beautiful.

Whilst I wake up looking like a monster that just slithered out of a swamp. God has his favorites clearly.

"Yeah, how was everything?" I asked her.
"Your daughter is the sweetest little munchkin ever" she said with a wide smile. Her perfect slightly red tinted cheeks rising to her eyes.
I returned the smile.

I've realized how much Areum and now Rosé calms me down.

She slowly got up from the bed and walked towards the door. I pulled her into a hug " thank you for letting me out. Had a chance to escape reality...not for too long" i whispered the last part.
"What happ-" Rosè was about to ask before her phone started ringing downstairs.

I knew she was going to apoligize but i beat her to it. I waved my hand to signal that she can go. She gave me a tight lip smile and walked downstairs.

I headed to the bathroom . I wetted a cotton pad with some make up remover. And slowly pressed it to my eye, holding it a few seconds before dragging it along my eyelid. And then cleaning my mascara covered eyelashes.

I jumped into my pyjamas, and snuggled into my bed. I dont know how Rosé does it but Areum was knocked out, asleep.

I got comfortable. Pushing one of my legs up, laying on my belly. My tired arms under the pillow. I let out a deep breath.

But before I could fall asleep. Of course my thoughts and overthinking started to invade my mind.

I just met his mother. How could I be so stupid? I should've putten the dots together.
I knew that she was familiar. Its always those damn dimples.

Namjoon's face suddenly popped up in my mind. I miss him

No you dont ! My mind shouted at me

I sighed " i dont...I dont.." i started to repeat.

I hate that humans dont have an off switch on their thoughts , even better would be an off switch to emotions and feelings.
God I hate being human sometimes.

Before I floated away into overthinking.
Little whimpers came from the crib.

I slowly raised my body up and twisted so my feet landed on the soft carpet.

" oh my little girl, whats wrong?" I bent down and slowly moved my hands under Areum.

I laid back down with Areum on my chest. As soon as she felt me she calmed down. The whimpers stopped. And slow and calm breathing filled the room.

My tired body now begging for sleep. I slowly lifted her and carefully laid her down next to me, putting pillows around her. The bed was really big and she was no where near the edge.

As I finally laid on my side. My thin hair falling down the side of my face and the back of my neck. I turned more so I was laying on my front. Honestly sleeping like this was amazing.

Even thought the last couple of weeks my sleep hasn't been the greatest. The bed did wonders. I reached my hand out towards Areum. And wrapped my big hand around her small hand that was balled up into a tiny fist.

Im so glad she isn't a fussy baby. I love her so much.

Just the thought of her never seeing her dad made my heart ache.

I dont want her to end up having a relationship with her father like I had with mine.Thats even if she wants to see her dad.
I wont hide who her dad is or try and stop them from meeting.

I want her to have both figures in her life. But till she understands the situation, she's staying with me.

~an~ I hope you enjoy. This is a longer chapter. Have a great day❤️