Chapter 3

The hallways are filled laughter and the chattering of the students while walking their way to their classes.

Luna has parted ways with us as she made her way to her class, Charms, while I and Daphne made our way to the Potions class.

As we entered the room, Professor Slughorn was not yet to be found anywhere in the room, only some students on the corner, which includes Malfoy.

I didn't make any eye contact with him, but I felt his cold glares upon me, which made me more terrified of my own husband.

Daphne shook my arm lightly. "Are you alright?"

I lifted my head up, looking at her, and nodded.

"It's alright. I'm here," she assured.

I really feel lucky to have Luna and Daphne as my friends. I don't truly know what will I do without them.

We made our way to the group of students.

"Good Morning," Greeted Professor Slughorn.

"Good Morning, Professor." We greeted back.

As he started his discussion, I caught Malfoy staring at my hands that were holding my book of potions. I didn't know what was it about. I didn't bother to know.

His eyes then found mine, but I rolled my eyes, looking back at Professor Slughorn.

"Attention to detail in the preparation is the prerequisite of all planning." Then, Professor stopped.

We all looked at the door, looking at Harry and Ron who just arrived.

Professor turned around and spoke, "Ah, Harry, my boy, I was beginning to worry. We've brought someone with us, I see." He looked at Ron.

"Ron Weasley, sir." Ron introduced himself. "But I'm dead awful at Potions, a menace, actually, I'm gonna-"

"Nonsense, we'll sort you out," Professor told. "Any friend of Harry's is a friend of mine. Get your books out."

"Umm...sorry, sir. I haven't actually got my book yet, and nor has Ron." Harry stated.

"Not to worry, get what you want from the cupboard." He told them, then turned his head back to us. "Now, as I was saying, I prepared some concoctions this morning. Any ideas what these might be?" He asked us.

Hermione Granger quickly raised her hand.

"Yes, Miss?"

"Granger, sir." Which she replied and came to the front. "That one there is Veritaserum. It's a truth-telling serum. And that would be Polyjuice Potion, it's terribly tricky to make." She said, pointing each cauldron as she mentioned its names. "And this is Amortentia...the most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumored to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them."

"Very good, Miss Granger." He smiled, proudly as Hermione walked back to us. "Now, can someone volunteer and tell me what do they smell in Amortentia?"

Every girl in the room raised their hands except mine. Because even if I smelled scents of someone I'm attracted to, it's still no use and I shouldn't be allowed to take interest in any man, now that I'm already married.