Chapter 34

The same pain struck my chest upon crossing paths with him on the staircase. It was unbearable to see him so unhappy, tired, and I wanted to run back to him and hug him, but my anger was stopping me.

I shook my head lightly as I reached my brother's dorm, room 8.

I knocked on the door of my brother's bedroom and heard his footsteps coming nearby to the door and he opened it.

"Y/n," he smiled softly. "I'm beginning to think you wouldn't come."

"You said I could vent, so of course I came," I smirked.

"Are you really?" He raised a brow.

"No..." I sighed, looking down as my smile faded on my lips.

"Come on in, so that we could talk about it."

William got out of the way, his arms extended to his room, telling me to come inside.

I went inside and went straight to the couch, sitting down on it as I noticed his books, scattered around his coffee table. Quills and parchments too.

"I'm sorry my room is a bit messy today, I'm organizing everything." He said, sitting down next to me. "So, tell me, What's keeping you down?"

I took a deep breath, looking down my lap while my fingers were busy fiddling.

"Was this about Draco?" He asked.

My fingers stopped fiddling.

"Are you in love with him?"

"What?" I immediately turned my head to him, blurting the question. "No!" I fumed.

"Then, why are you mad? I only just asked you a question."

"Sorry..." I sighed, calming myself down. "I have been thinking a lot lately."

"Can you tell me what it was?"

I gave him a nod and smile as I started telling him what troubles me. About my uncertain feeling towards Draco, about what Draco did, and especially, when Draco told me that he loves me.

He thought I was joking at first, but it was told upon my eyes of how serious I am about my feelings. He saw how deeply it troubles me when it is our main plan that I should divorce him after a year or two.

I fucked up the plan, the goal we are supposed to achieve, the plan that will help me get out of this arranged marriage.

I knew deep inside of me...I didn't want to leave him despite of all the things he has done to me, even the most hurtful ones.

"Divorce him. Don't think about your affection towards him. Think about the hurtful things he had done to you. Think about what will happen to you in the near future. You wanted to have children, right? But what if he didn't want to give you, not even one." He told.

"William, I-"

"I saw him with Parkinson last night." He blurted.

"What?" I was stunned by his words.

"I saw them while I was going back here from the library. They're somehow-"

"Kissing..." I added, looking down. "I know what you mean, brother. He loves her, what can I do?" I sarcastically laughed. "I guess he never really loved me."

"Don't fret..." William placed his hand on my shoulder. "You'll get rid of that feeling if you let him go."

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

Late afternoon arrived in the whole castle. The warm tone of light of the sun came through every window and in every bit of hole on the walls.

Alone I walk on the hallways, where students rarely walk. I didn't even notice that I was walking within this hall, for my mind was occupied by what my brother told me.

It's not true, wasn't it?

Draco...with Pansy last night.

What if his eyes were just playing with him and mistook those people who are kissing that night?

I really doubt it. My curious mind is not approving of it. It needs to be fed with truths and evidences, in that way I'll believe.

I continued to walk to where my feet would take me. That's when I hear voices. A voice of a man and a woman, speaking on the other side of the hall.

Immediately I hid, pressing myself on the wall and peeking right through at the edge of the wall to the pathway that leads to the right.

Of course, I was devastated by what I saw. A blond man and a black-haired woman, speaking with each other and grins were written on their faces.

"I love you." Smiled the girl, so much in love with him...with Draco. It was clearly written within her eyes.

He too smiled at her as he brushes her hair off her cheeks, placing it behind her ears. His eyes were laid deeply into hers, which only signifies that he loves her too.

"I love you too." He replied the words that shatters my heart to pieces.

He leaned closer to her and I knew that the next thing that'll happen will just shatter me even more. So I left, running away from these halls.

-Draco's POV-

We got interrupted upon hearing a noise on the other side of the hallway when I was about to kiss Pansy.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Wait here," I told and went closer to where I heard the sound.

Stunned. I was stunned at who I saw.

Those recognizable dark wavy hair of hers, bounce as she ran away, avoiding herself to see what she had just witnessed.

Now, I knew for sure that I have hurt her and it is the greatest regret I have ever done for her.

I walked back to Pansy and told her to go back to the common room, telling her that I still need to deal with something. It's a good thing she agreed and she went off to the other path.

After I watched Pansy turn on the other hallway, disappearing from my sight, I walked as fast as I could, to where Y/n had run. I knew I needed to apologize to her. I now realize what I kept on doing to forget her made her miserable, and I needed to fix it.

𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 || 𝐃.𝐌जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें