Chapter 60

Time has gone by so quickly and the cold season has come. I feel like it was just yesterday when I have watched someone get tortured by my aunt-in-law.

Apart from that event, I have finally finished the painting that I was working on for almost 3 weeks. A painting of a young boy that once I had seen in my dreams. With his blond, almost white, hair, his eyes were bluish-grey. He reminded me of Draco when he was young, well, the boy does look like Draco. The boy has a striking resemblance to him. Was the boy in my dream Draco?

I stood up from the floor, wiping my hands with a cloth and cleaning every art material that had been scattered around me.

It has been a month since I have last spoken to Draco. I couldn't even bring myself and speak to him because I feel like I'm just used as leisure for himself. Isn't he? It saddens me to think of it. I mean...he hasn't broken up with Parkinson and I think I don't have any place in his heart.

A heavy breath had escaped my mouth when I heard someone throw a pebble on the window.

Closer I went to the window, opening its one door and looking down on the ground only to see his smile with a dimple on the corner of his lips and his eyes, looking straight up here.

Michael.

"When will you be getting out of your room? It has been almost like forever." He joked. "Come down and get some fresh air or light. You're like a creature, who hides in the dark."

"Wait down there, I'll just have to clean up." I chuckled before making my way to the bathroom to remove the paint stains on my hands and face.

As I made my way to the door and opened it, I wasn't much looking at my path when I suddenly hit myself on someone, causing me to step back and lock my eyes into his cold grey eyes.

"Where are you going?" His voice was rather cold and unpleasant, and his strong cologne had lingered up yet again to my nose. It smells like I was brought into his embrace. An embrace I was yearning for and desperately need.

"Outside." The warmth on my face turned cold, my voice was monotone.

"Are you still mad because I didn't let you finish?" He raised a brow and smirked.

My mouth snapped shut, feeling myself getting heated, embarrassed. He wasn't lying, yes- I mean it was indeed one of the reasons, and 90% of the reason was that he never uttered, not even a single word to me. It has been weeks, I must say. He is the one who avoided me just because I smiled at Harry. It was just a FRIENDLY SMILE for heaven's sake.

"Then..." He leaned closer to my ear. "I'll give you the pleasure you want. I'll give you that sweet release you wanted." He whispered, as his hand travelled up to my waist.

I pushed him on his chest, which left him astounded.

"You. PATHETIC. MAN!" I sneered. "You must have really thought that I'm just whore, let alone a toy that you can always use to consume your time or have fun!" My eyes shot daggers at him.

He looked at me with questioning eyes and his brows, slightly lifted.

"Y/n, I— I thought you wanted it?" He stammered.

"You, Malfoy, made me want it. You made me desire such a desirable manner. I never wanted it in the first place." I spat. "You're just doing what makes you enjoy just because Parkinson was not around."

"But Y/n-"

"You have completely ignored me for weeks now."

"I didn't ignore you, I just let you calm yourself down because I know you're mad. I wanted to give you the time you needed to rest your mind."

"I wished I have never married you! I wished this silly old fixed marriage thing has ended because you know what?"

"What?"

"It destroyed me..."

Draco was left speechless and a brief moment of silence occupied us.

"Y/n, I-"

"Blah, blah, blah...I will not listen to you as you did the same to me." I rolled my eyes, then walked away, leaving him behind.

To be honest, saying those words to him had shattered me, but nevertheless, I have spoken what has been tingled inside my chest.

-Draco's POV-

I watched Y/n walk away and disappear from this hallway, forgetting to close the door to her bedroom.

She was displeased to see me and I made her mad again. I didn't even have the chance to reconcile with her, but jealousy got in the way when I knew the reason why she was going out.

I wished I had never doubted her, and I'm too scared to lose her, but because of it, I didn't even realize that I was losing her slowly.

She thought that I was still in a relationship with Pansy. I was about to tell her about it, but I guess fate had played with time. I guess today was not the time.

I sighed and grabbed the doorknob to close the door of her bedroom. However, something had caught my eyes.

I opened the door widely, allowing my eyes to set clearly on a painting that was leaned against the ottoman that was in front of her bed's footboard.

As I got closer to it, I realized it was a painting of a smiling little boy with the same hair colour as mine. Although the boy wasn't me, I have seen myself as a child in the albums that my mother has kept through the years until now.

Somehow, I felt something different about the painting. It's like my heart just melted all of the sudden. I have seen many adorable children, but only this portrait of a young boy has most affected me.

-Michael's POV-

"You look flustered. Did something happen?" I asked Y/n.

"I'm alright." She tried to put on a smile.

I knew what was the reason behind her being flustered.

Draco, for sure. Why does he have to keep on hurting her when she didn't even do anything, especially when her heart chose him? Why does he always believe that I am the person that Y/n loves when all the time, whenever he was around, Y/n's eyes would set upon him like he is the only person inside the room?

Although, the feelings I have for her and the feelings I have kept to myself just kept on growing and growing, even though I persuaded myself many times that she will never love me back. My heart was much in need of her, but I can never have her, for her heart only settled to only one person. Nevertheless, I wanted to let her know about these kept feelings and I'm ready to accept her reaction or whatever words she would say.

"Michael? Are you alright?"

I shook my head lightly, snapping myself and went my focus back to Y/n.

"Yes, I'm alright." I cleared my throat. "But, I wanted to tell you something."

"I'm all ears." She chuckled softly.

"I have this-"

But before I could even confess, tiny droplets of water fell from the sky until the sky poured many, thousands of droplets, making us drenched.

I grabbed her hand and quickly led her back inside the house, running while the puddles we stepped on, splashed, creating stains of mud on our shoes.

We stopped our tracks once our heads were covered by the ceiling above us.

We were both breathing heavily, trying to catch our breaths because of running back here. A laugh suddenly burst from Y/n's laugh.

"Oh my god," she laughed. "I haven't had that much fun in the rain for years. But anyways, what were you going to say?" She smiled at me.

"It's nothing." I just gave her a smile.

Maybe I'll tell her at the right time.