Chapter 22

-Y/n's POV-

I got woken up when I felt my side was already empty. He wasn't there. Was it just a dream?

I sat up from my bed and noticed a black coat hanging on the footboard of my bed.

A wide smile plastered onto my lips, realizing that it wasn't a dream. It was real.

Wait- why am I liking this feeling?

I touched my chest and felt my heart pounding loud like a rabbit hopping around excitedly. But, I wonder....where could he be?

As I got out of my bed, my necklace fell from my neck and went to my lap. I gazed at it for a moment until I picked it up and placed it in the palm of my hand, staring at the ring.

"Am I in love with him?" I asked myself inside my thoughts.

I mean, but why would I be in love with him when he kept on hurting or won't even talk properly to me. How did my feelings for him begin?

I lightly shook my head and slip my feet on my slippers as I head to the bathroom.

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

I got down to the common room, still, my hope rising up. I couldn't stop it. I kept on reminding myself that I shouldn't feel this way. It's truly confusing.

I lifted my eyes up, only to see him laughing with Parkinson.

The pain struck again, which made me more confused. It felt like I just got shattered into pieces. And yes, I didn't like seeing him laugh with someone else. Am I jealous?

"Y/n!"

My eyes gazed away from the both of them and found Michael waving and approaching me with a smile on his face.

"Michael," I said, putting on a smile on my face, hiding such an expression of jealousy.

-Michael's POV-

I saw how Y/n looked at Draco and Pansy, and I could sense a bit of jealousy in her. The way she looked at them, she looked hurt, confused...It is as if she wanted to cry but she couldn't. She's trying to hold back her tears.

Then, I recalled when she took a sniff on our Amortentia. At that time she look confused.

Did she lie that she couldn't smell any aroma on it? Does she like him? My cousin, Draco?

But I knew what I should be supposed to do. I shouldn't let anyone see her like that, especially when everyone in the room doesn't know what their relationships are and I knew that I should get her out in order for her to not get hurt.

"Y/n!" I called, waving at her as I approach.

She immediately turned her head to me and smiled, hiding the pain she's feeling.

"Michael," she grinned.

"I wanted to show you somewhere," I told, already wanting to take her away from here.

"Truly?" She asked curiously, her smile still showing.

"Yes, come on." I grabbed her by the hand and led her to the door.

I noticed Draco shot furious eyes on me, but I didn't care. He is at fault here. He is the husband. He should know how to understand his own wife.

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

We made our way to the black lake and went under a willow tree.

I swept off the tiny piles of snow on the log and we both sat down on it.

She picked up pebbles and started throwing them on the iced lake, trying to crack its ice.

She looks sad and heartbroken because of what she had witnessed.

I was hurt, yes, because I knew she's developing feelings towards Draco and I know I couldn't stop her from that. I couldn't blame her that she couldn't control her heart. I couldn't control mine too even though I know it was a sin.

She let out a sigh as a puffy mist formed out of her mouth.

I just smiled and hid the pain I felt, looking at the lake.

"You like him...I mean love him, don't you?" I asked.

She stopped throwing pebbles on the ice and turned her head to me.

I looked at her, my smile never left my lips, "I saw how you looked at him earlier. That's why I took you here."

"You don't know what you're talking about." She chuckled, looking down.

"I do know. The way you look at him....you look hurt, Y/n. There's nothing to hide." I stated.

She let out a sigh and lifted her head, turning her eyes back to the lake with a slight frown on her beautiful pinkish lips.

"To be honest, I don't know what I truly felt." She shared. "It's confusing...like it could keep me wide awake through the whole evening."

We sat there, silent for a while. I don't know how or what to advise her. I just feel sad for her. If only I was the guy she married, I won't let her feel down. I won't let her feel like this. But all I could do now is to comfort her.

I stood up from the log and reached out my hand for her.

"Come, I'll take you to Hogsmeade so that you'll feel better." I smiled.

-Draco's POV-

It was already evening and I haven't seen Y/n around the common room or around the castle. The last time I saw her was when Michael led her outside. I don't know where he took her.

Yes, I was panicking that something might have happened to her, or maybe Michael had already taken her away from me.

My thoughts were running wild as I walked back and forth in front of the fireplace in my room, and I couldn't stop myself from it.

I snatched my robe from the couch and headed outside my room as I placed my robe on.

As I nearly got down at the end of the stairs, I heard a laugh. Her laugh.

I took a peek, hiding behind the wall and saw her laughing at Michael's Joke.

"Oh, Michael, you truly are silly." She giggled.

That was supposed to be me.