Chapter 77

They both fled to town, carrying a box of things that can be used for decorations. It was already in the afternoon and the people of the town were busy fixing everything up with smiles on their faces. It was like a ray of bright sunshine when Y/n sees the town looking bright and happy, it brightens her day, especially when most of the people here are nice and friendly.

"Where can we put this, Mr Harris?" She asked the curvy man, who was handling the pennants that has the Pastel colours of Yellow, Pink, and Green.

"Oh, you can put it there right on the table, Miss." He said in his jolly voice. "And who is this young lad?" He grinned, looking at Draco.

"Draco." She responded. "He's here for vacation."

"Vacation?" Asked Mr Harris' wife, who is coming over whilst holding a box of white flowers. "I thought he's your Beau?" She giggled.

"No, Mrs Harris," Y/n replied as Draco and she placed the boxes on the table. "He's a friend."

"Very well then, It is a pleasure to meet you, young man." Mrs Harris exclaimed in delight. "And oh, Y/n. You must help Mpho in arranging the instrument. He's at the orphanage with the children."

"Yes, Mrs Harris. We'll be getting off then."

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

It was only a few meters away when children began to run towards Y/n, calling her by her name with glorious smiles on their faces. Draco gave space to the children, walking three steps away to let the children greet Y/n.

It truly did surprise Draco that the children had grown to love the young lady.

Then, came out was the headmistress. She was a bit curvy with glasses on her eyes and she was about in her 50s. From her looks, Draco could determine that she's a kind-hearted woman, especially that she placed a genuine smile when she saw Y/n.

"Good afternoon, Ms Morgan." Greeted Y/n.

"Good afternoon to you too, my dear," The woman named Ms Morgan said. "And who is this young man with you? Is he your Beau?"

The children turned their eyes immediately to Draco as soon as their headmistress had mentioned and had given notice of his existence. It made Draco nervous, especially when many eyes were set upon him.

"N- No, Ms Morgan." Y/n chuckled. "He's a friend."

"Psshh. Friend," The little girl from the group giggled, not believing that Draco is not Y/n's dearly beloved. Although he truly was. The problem was that...she doesn't have the slightest idea about it yet.

"He is indeed a friend." Exclaimed Y/n, still chuckling.

"Mpho is waiting for you in Classroom-2, Y/n. The other children are with him." Ms Morgan told.

"I shall go then," She smiled.

She looked over at Draco and beckoned her head, telling him to come with her as the children gave way to them to enter the orphanage. The children were still looking at Draco with gleaming smiles and eyes on their faces. Draco couldn't fathom why they smile at him like they have seen such a magnificent creature that they have read in fairy tales. Is it because they believe that she is her Beau?

"Draco?" Hearing Y/n's voice had snapped Draco from his thoughts. "Come on in." She giggled, leaving Draco with his almost red cheeks.

Draco followed her inside until they reached a room that has few children sitting on the floor and some are on a chair, including Rose, whilst listening to Mpho as he plays an instrument, a saxophone. The children were so amused and were so amazed by Mpho's talent in playing the saxophone. They have heard him play several times, but listening to Mpho's tune never failed to amuse them.

Mpho stopped as soon as he felt Y/n's presence in the room and lifted his head to look at her, and so did the children.

"You want to try?" Mpho suggested.

The children's eyes gleamed and wanted to hear the young lady play. Although Y/n refused to do so, for she doesn't know how to play the saxophone, she only could play the pianoforte.

The children pleaded and pleaded, persuading Y/n to play the saxophone. Draco, however, wanted to listen too even though he knows that she couldn't play it. He expected that Y/n might blow the saxophone in a wrong way— or rather make it a horn.

"You'll just have to try, Y/n. Just once." Mpho persuaded.

She sighed, smiling, and finally gave in, walking forward to Mpho whilst Draco took a seat next to Rose, who has a notebook and pen with her in case some children wanted to speak with her.

As Y/n sat down next to Mpho, taking the saxophone and wiping its mouthpiece, she was hesitant at first because maybe it'll hurt the ears of the children, but somehow, she's curious as a cat, and so she chose to give it a try.

Her lips touched the mouthpiece of the saxophone and her fingers were placed on the keys, pressing some of it randomly. Then...she blew.

It doesn't sound like music and it neither hurts in the ears, but it made the children laugh because of the hilarious sound. It sounded more like a honk. The tune made Y/n laugh too, along with them, and swore to herself that she'll never ever try to play the saxophone unless someone taught her.

Draco didn't notice that Rose was writing something, for his eyes were busy staring at the beautiful sight in front of him. Oh, Merlin, how he loves and admires such an angel-looking woman, with a laugh that makes everyone smile.

Rose lifted her notebook and showed it to Draco with written words saying, "You like her, don't you?"

It made Draco quite surprised. How would such a young girl, who is at the age of 10, would know such stuff?... He thought.

"You're almost red." It was written in Rose's notebook, leaving Draco speechless again. Rose wrote again and showed it to Draco with a wide grin on her face, it says: "I can tell that you like her."

"H...h..how?" Draco stuttered.

Rose looked back to her notebook and wrote, "The way you look at her is how Daddy would look at Mommy."

Of course, the child would recognize that when her Parents truly love each other. Although, it saddens Draco that Rose's parents died when she was at the age of 9. Y/n had told him about Rose, that she had lost her parents due to the fire that happened last year and she's the only one who survived, for her parents did everything for their only child to live and get out of the fire.

"Do I?" He grinned, brushing the thought of it from his head.

Rose nodded in reply, smiling at him.

Many say that when a person is in love, it felt like they were carried by a cloud, floating around the sky. It feels like heaven, they may say, and this is what Draco feels. She is his air and he needed her. He couldn't even imagine living without her. It was like a curse that cannot be removed, but this curse, however, is an enchanting one.

"I guess I do..."