Chapter 89

Y/n was awoken in the middle of the night, feeling the baby kicking inside of her womb. The baby had hit her ribcage and it made her terribly hurt, groaning out because of the pain.

Draco had woken up too, sitting up, turning on the lap and checking on his wife, who almost whimpered.

She was glad that her hormones had stopped, now that she's in her last Trimester and she didn't much crave any food than the last time when she's in her first and second trimester.

Y/n leaned her head, with her eyes closed, on his shoulder and gripped on the blanket that they were in whilst her other hand was on her stomach.

Draco placed his hand on her belly, rubbing it so she could be relieved even just the slightest bit.

"Are you alright?" His voice laced with worry.

"Mhm..." She hummed.

Draco leaned closer to her belly, planting a soft kiss above it then he spoke, "Hey, little one. Don't kick your mommy's rib, she'll cry." He chuckled softly. "You must be excited to come out."

Y/n was already almost on her due date, and she was truly scared, scared of what might happen to her, scared that something might happen to the child, but at the same time, she's excited to see their little bundle of joy and she would be glad to welcome the child into the world.

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

Y/n was sitting down on the couch next to her mother-in-law. They have guests over, Narcissa's friend, Melinda Copper, who she invited for tea because Melinda had just gotten back to London for the first time in years. She lives in Singapore before, but now she went back to London, for she missed her hometown.

Melinda was truly aware that Draco was now a married man, and she couldn't believe that the girl in front of her was his wife and now was about to give birth anytime soon. Melinda could not believe how beautiful Y/n is.

"The child will surely be beautiful, especially when its parents are lovely, and not to mention, the mother's personality is such a beauty too." Melinda complimented.

"Thank you, Mrs Copper." Y/n smiled sweetly.

"But, where's Draco?" She asked. "He was only 10 when I have last seen him."

"He's at the Orphanage at Malsbury Town. Y/n and he have been volunteering on helping there for almost 9 years now." Narcissa replied.

"Oh," Melinda amused. "Draco always surprised me. But if I may ask? When's your due date?"

"The Healer told me that I'll give birth next week," Y/n replied.

"That's very fascinating."

Then the grandfather clock struck 12 at noon, which made Melinda realize that they have been talking for hours and she had forgotten that she had a job interview in the Ministry at 1 pm.

"I must go. I still need to prepare for my interview." She chuckled as they all stood up from the couch. "I best be going, goodbye and I hope to meet you again."

"Goodbye, Mrs Copper." She bowed her head slightly.

"Please, dear, do call me Melinda."

"Of course," Y/n smiled. "Melinda."

"I'll show you out, Mel." Said Narcissa and they both left the room, leaving Y/n alone.

And when she was about to sit back on the couch, she felt water streaming down her legs.

Gasps escaped her lips and the crapping began to weaken her, especially her legs. And she held a grip on the arm of the couch to avoid herself her falling whilst her other hand was on her belly.

Aerin saw it when she was entering the room, for she was about to take the tray with cups and the pot on it. However, she had forgotten what she was supposed to do and ran out to get Narcissa, screaming "Her water broke!" in repeat.

Daisy walked to her, whimpering, and brushing its paws on her leg.

The baby must really be too excited to come out from his/her mother's womb.

"I'm alright, Daisy." She groaned. "I'm alright." She gently patted Daisy's head even though her hands started to tremble and her legs already failed.

She sat down on the couch, breathing heavily and calming herself down. She couldn't describe how painful she was feeling right now. She feels like her stomach is going to be ripped apart, feels like she's going to pass out or explode.

Narcissa ran towards her, sitting next to her as she rubbed Y/n's back to lessen the pain.

"Dear, can you travel using the appara-"

"No," she cried. "Mother, please no."

Heavy breaths and whimpers left her lips. She couldn't determine what to do right now. She couldn't think straight. All she could think was Draco. She needed him right now but he wasn't home yet. He was still in Malsbury Town.

"Dobby, can you telephone for a Healer in St. Mungo's?" Asked Narcissa.

Dobby nodded and ran outside the living room to go to the telephone and call for help.

It was perfect timing when Draco had arrived and saw how Dobby was panicking in dialling the number of St Mungo's on the telephone. Dobby was trembling and he was already sweating really hard.

"Dobby," Draco approached the little elf. "What's wrong?"

"It's your wife, sir. Dobby was asked to call for the healer."

With that, Draco dashed through the hallway and pushed the door open, only to see Y/n already crying out of pain. She rushed into her, sliding his arms under her back and knees, and carried her.

"Dobby has finally called for the Healer, sir," Dobby announced.

"Thank you, Dobby." Draco thanked him frantically, as he rushed out of the room to take Y/n to their bedroom.

Y/n's eyes were shut closed, her hands were holding a grip on his shirt. She thought it through and through, repeating these words on her mind "This is it. It's finally coming" to calm herself down. However, the pain was still there.

They have reached their bedroom and Draco laid her down on their bed, taking the shoes off from her feet.

"Draco..." her lips quivered. "It hurts..."

"I know, love. I know." He sat down on the side of the bed and planted a soft kiss on her forehead. "It'll be over soon. Just hold my hand and I'll be here for you."

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

"It's a boy! It's a boy!" The healer announced.

Y/n was already tired from all of the pushings, screaming and crying, but all was worth it for her, now that she had delivered a perfectly healthy little boy.

She rested her head on Draco's shoulder, who has been right by her side, holding her hand, for the whole delivery of their child. She was covered in sweat and she was breathing heavily as she stared at her beautiful child, who is now in her arms.

"He's so tiny." Y/n cooed, crying in joy. "Such beauty I cannot explain."

The little boy had inherited her father's hair, skin and nose. Narcissa noticed how much their child was so much identical to his father, Draco.

"Do you have any name in your mind?" Asked Narcissa, looking at the couple softly with a smile on her lips.

Y/n smiled and looked at Draco, then at the baby. She remembered something that has been always in her mind. She remembered how much Draco loves to go to the Astronomy Tower to look at the exquisite view and to look at his favourite constellation.

"Scorpius..." She smiled down at their little boy, and Draco did not expect her to use his favourite constellation as the name of their first child.