Chapter 35

-Y/n's POV-

I gazed blankly at the shimmering lake while sitting under the Willow tree. It's the only place where I could go instead of just going to the Tower, to where I knew for sure he'll see me there at this kind of state.

Tears were still streaming down my cheeks as I thought about what had happened earlier, about what I just witnessed right before my very own eyes.

What I saw is an evidence of what my brother had told me earlier this morning. I was beginning to think it wasn't true, but then...I saw what my brother meant.

"Hey, Y/n!" I wiped off the tears as soon as I heard Michael's voice.

"Hi," I smiled, looking at him.

Then, he sat down next to me and spoke again, "So, it seems to be that you ran here whenever something is troubling you." A smirk appeared on his lips.

"No, I'm not." A playfully rolled my eyes.

"Don't lie. I saw you crying just before I came here." His expression softened.

I sighed and looked back at the lake, a frown was placed on my lips.

"Is this about Draco?" He asked. "I know you saw him on the Mirror of Erised."

"How did you even-"

"On the way you expressed how stunned you were, I knew exactly that you didn't expect you would see him there." He smiled softly, looking at the lake. "I must admit that I have been observing you on how you looked at him. Seems to be like you like- No- love him."

"You think of me wrong," I replied.

"Then, tell me exactly why you look jealous when you watched him laugh with Pansy?" He turned his head to me.

"Michael, don't confuse my thoughts even more." I looked away from him, turning my gaze back at the lake.

I became anxious, my lips started to quiver along with my breath as tears started to fill my eyes.

"Just tell me. Does it hurt when every time you see him with her? Are you unable to take him off your mind? Tell me, Y/n. Tell me if those uncertain feelings have been trying to tell you that you like him, but you just kept on telling yourself that you do not like him because you're scared?"

"Stop, stop!" I cried. "Yes, it hurts when I see him with Parkinson; Yes, I couldn't take him off my mind, especially in the evening every time I'm going to sleep; And yes, I kept on telling myself that I do not like him because I'm scared that his feeling wasn't true at all." Then, I covered my face with the palm of my hands.

I felt Michael wrap his arms around me as he pressed my head on his chest while my hands were still covering my face.

"I'm sorry I asked you those questions." His voice was faint. "I just wanted you to realize your own feelings. I didn't know it would shatter you like this."

No words escaped my lips as I continued to sob upon his chest.

"I'll ask this to you again..." he told. "Are you in love with Draco?"

A question I answered in denial. I was still bewildered about my feelings back then, but now with all the questions Michael has asked, with the realization of what I saw in the Mirror of Erised, and with the aroma, I smelled in the most powerful love potion of all, all the answers to my questions have been answered.