Chapter 79

A week has gone by and Draco did what Mpho had told him, "Do what a gentleman do in order to make a lady like him". However, Draco snapped himself back and thought that this kind of action won't help him make Y/n remember. He even hasn't told her the truth of why he's here and he hasn't yet done anything to make her remember.

Draco was making his way to the orphanage, wanting to see Y/n and speak about the truth of why he was here in the first place, but of course, he wouldn't tell that she was the girl. He would rather just tell her their story or show her the letters that he had been writing for her, words that he wanted to tell, ever since his arrival to this town, and he knew that there might be a chance that she could remember.

When Draco was about to knock on the door, the door suddenly opened, revealing Ms Morgan, who got surprised by Draco's presence.

"My goodness!" she clapped her hand on her chest. "Dear Merlin, you scared me to death, Draco."

"I'm sorry, Ms Morgan. I was about to-"

"Ah yes, she's right upstairs, tending to the new child who just arrived this morning." She smiled. "Come on in."

"Thank you, Ms Morgan." He said, entering the Orphanage.

"Oh, no worries, dear." She chuckled. "Now, I must leave to get groceries. And oh," She stopped to her pace before closing the door. "You must be quiet for a while, it's a baby she was tending to."

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

Draco slowly and quietly walked on the second floor of the Orphanage and poked his head through the door to see if Y/n was still there.

And she definitely was.

She was humming a beautiful tune to put the little child to sleep, smiling down at the baby who was in her arms whilst the soft sunlight illuminated the room, making her skin glow and hair, almost brown or gold.

Oh, the sight of her. It was beautiful, admiring...what words could Draco describe it? Ah, maybe his future, and of course maybe not. He wasn't sure yet if Y/n could remember him, but he had his hopes in the highest peak of the mountain.

She's very natural with children even though she doesn't have any siblings that are younger than her. She has this motherly instinct that many women possess. They are rather good with children, especially when they see themselves with children of their own in the right time, the future.

Draco leaned against the doorframe, watching Y/n hum as she sways her arms with the baby in them. Draco felt like he saw want he wanted to see. He remembered how much Y/n wanted to have her own, but yet...she may not bear, for she only has a slight chance of having children. Thinking of it made Draco feel hatred inside his heart.

Y/n gently placed the baby back down to the crib, smiling and was completely melted by the baby's loveliness. She lifted her head back up and turned her eyes to the door, noticing Draco who seems to be deep in his own thoughts.

"Draco, I didn't know you're here?" She spoke in a low and soft voice.

He fluttered his eyes, snapping his sense back, and looked at Y/n, who he didn't notice was looking at him.

"Oh...I-"

"Shh..." Y/n hushed. "Let us go downstairs, so we wouldn't wake her up." She looked back at the baby.

Draco smiled softly again and spoke, "Alright."

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

The living room was quite comfortable, despite all the stuffed toys that are scattered around the room. The curtains were white, the couches were soft and were in the shade of Aegean Blue. There were also flowers in every vase and a white rectangular carpet in the centre of the room, nearby the fireplace.

Draco was helping Y/n pick up all of the stuffed toys from the floor and would place them inside the chest on the corner of the room.

"I'm sorry. The children were playing here earlier this morning." She reasoned whilst picking up a stuffed bunny.

"You do not need to apologize. I completely understand," Draco responded.

"You have been such a gentleman to me, Draco." The corners of her mouth turned up as she placed the toys back to where they should be. "I really appreciate it." She took a seat on the couch, and so did Draco, who chose to sit across her. "So, I think you wanted to tell me something. Please do tell if you must, if it makes you comfortable."

Draco took a deep breath and let it out from his nose. He doesn't know where to begin. He doesn't know how to tell her, especially when right now Y/n was staring at him with the eagerness of wanting to know Draco's thoughts.

"Draco?" Her voice snapped him back.

"Ah, yes, I'm sorry." He cleared his throat. "The thing is...umm..." He pressed his lips together and rested his elbows on his knees. "I-"

"Hey, Y/n!" Mpho suddenly came out of nowhere, holding two baskets of fresh vegetables. "Oh- Draco. Didn't know you're here." He grinned.

"Well, now you know." He grumbled under his breath as he leaned back and rested on the backrest of the armchair he was sitting on.

"What is that?" Mpho asked for clarification.

"Nothing." He turned his gaze away from Mpho.

Mpho shrugged it off and turned his eyes to Y/n, "Where are the children?"

"They're at the backyard, in the playground," Y/n replied.

"Alright then." He took one last glimpse at Draco, giving him that grin which indicates as "I know that you really like her" or "Just tell her already. CONFESS".

However, Draco only returned him a glare, which made Mpho walk off and head to the kitchen. Mpho certainly does know that Draco has feelings for her, but what he doesn't know is that Y/n was the reason why Draco had come to this place because he wanted her to remember him. Mpho doesn't have the faintest idea that she was Y/n's husband before she was obliviated.

"Y/n," He finally spoke after that silence in between them.

"Yes?"

"There is something I have been meaning to tell you..."

A brief moment of silence had occurred again.

"Y/n...I...The thing is..." He was stuttering indeed. He took a deep breath, calming his nerves down, and finally spoke again without any hesitations and stutter in his voice. "The truth is I am not truly here for vacation."

Although, Y/n doesn't seem to be surprised. She just flickered her eyes in disbelief.

"Oh," She uttered. "Is it about some wicked negotiation?" She chuckled. "You do not need to worry, I won't tell a soul."

"No, no, no," He said frantically. "It's more than just a negotiation."

"You mean even more wicked or vicious?" She furrowed her brows, confused & concerned, and she couldn't even understand any of what Draco meant to say.

Draco again sighed and spoke, "I'm here because of a girl."