Chapter 87

[8 years later]

-Y/n's POV-

Light sobs escaped my lips whilst staring at the 5 negative muggle pregnancy tests in front of me. It pains me just by looking at those tests. I couldn't stop crying. I just couldn't accept the fact that I am not with a child.

I have been waiting and we have been trying for years, and I couldn't seem to just produce one. There was one time when I finally got pregnant, but...I lost it again after carrying it for 2 months.

I feel like...it's just wasn't for me...

Daphne and Luna already had theirs and I envy them because they have healthier ovaries than mine. Sometimes or whenever I look at myself in the mirror, I couldn't take the thought of having a baby bump on my stomach out of my mind. It just hurts me seeing myself without a bump.

I was sitting down on the floor and next to the bed with my knees curled up to my chest, wrapping my arms around my knees as I rested my chin on them, gazing upon the tests.

Tears just won't stop streaming down my eyes. My body just feels tired from all of the misery I have been carrying, not being be able to carry a child.

I haven't let my mother-in-law, nor Aerin come inside. I just wanted to be alone. I just don't want to talk to anyone after finding out that I am not with a child.

Draco was not around. Theo called him on the telephone earlier this morning to meet him this afternoon because he needed help on something related to work, that is Theo wanting to set up a business.

These tests were supposed to be a surprise for Draco when he arrived, but my expectations just got whipped away from me just because they are all negative, indicating that I'm not pregnant.

Suddenly, I heard the door burst open, seeing Draco with panic and worry written on his face.

He looked at me with agonizing eyes. It was as if he wanted to cry but he doesn't have the urge to do so. He eyed down on the tests in front of me and started to walk then kneeled down next to me, pulling me closer as he wrapped his arms around me.

-Draco's POV-

"I'm sorry..." She sobbed. Her hand was holding a grip on my shirt with stains of her tears.

"Why are you apologizing, love?" I asked, gently rubbing her back.

"I couldn't give you—" She inhaled sharply. "I couldn't give you a child. I'm sorry..."

It was heartbreaking to see her like this, apologizing for the things that cannot be controlled. She was blaming herself. She always has been blaming herself. And I kept on letting her know that everything that happened, whether losing the unborn child or not producing one, is not her fault.

"Hey," I cupped her cheeks and stared at her eyes. "It's not your fault. We just have to wait for the right time for that to happen."

"But—" She sniffed. "What if I couldn't..."

I smiled softly at her and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Then I'll still love you. Nothing will change between us, love."

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

We have taken a vacation in Santorini, Greece, the place she loves to go to. It was our second time to take a vacation here, the last time we went was on our honeymoon that happened 8 years ago. However, right now, I took her here to make her feel better, to take her away from the things that stressed her.

We have been staying here for almost a month and I have rented a summer house for us to stay in until she heals from all of the burdens she carried.

I took the letter from the mailbox and went back inside the house, checking the letters that were addressed to us. One of these letters was from Michael, who already got married 2 years ago to a girl he met in America, Frances. Both of them are now living back in London, and Frances and Y/n became friends.

As I opened the letter, reading every word that was written, I decided not to let Y/n see the letter because it'll just greatly affect her, especially when the letter was about Frances being with a child, 2 weeks pregnant from now. I know how she looked when Daphne and Luna had announced their pregnancy, and she envied them.

I let out a sigh and proceeded to the living room, where I found Y/n sitting down on the couch and gazing at something, which I couldn't identify until I stepped closer to her.

It was another muggle pregnancy test, which identifies whether a woman is with a child or not. Although, I couldn't see if it was positive or not.

She looked at it in shock. There was no frown or tears visible on her face. She looks like she had seen a ghost.

"Y/n?" Worry was written all over my face, for I couldn't determine if she was sad or not.

She lifted her head, meeting my eyes, as her eyes started to gloss.

"Draco," She called my name, gripping on the test she was holding and biting her lower lip. "I—" Her voice shivered.

"You're what?" Panic started to take over me, expecting that she will be disappointed again.

"I'm pregnant."