Chapter 54

-Draco's POV-

Her eyes wandered around the tall bookshelf in front of her, searching for a book that would capture her interest.

We have travelled to the Muggle World and went to a Muggle Bookshop called The Book Spot.

This was the only day and my first time being in Bookshop of Muggles. My father never allowed me to be in this world, for he believes that they are the cause why Pureblooded wizards are losing and slowly fading. He is not very much in favour of letting muggle witches and wizards attend Hogwarts or in any Wizarding School because it is where it most starts, where wizards or witches meet that one muggle-born for them.

She raised her hand, reaching one book and took it out as she scanned through the cover and pages.

She didn't utter or speak any words to me ever since we left the house. It was hard and I accompanied her, not really because of Rita Skeeter but because I wanted to get a chance to apologize to her for the event I have caused earlier this morning.

I saw how embarrassed she was, how she wanted to cry, how she madly wanted to throw hurtful words at me, but she just chose to run out of the room to escape the cruel atmosphere caused by me.

A frown appeared to her lips, taking the book back to its shelf.

We have been here for half an hour and she still couldn't find what she wanted to read.

Then, one of the female employees of the bookshop approached her.

"Miss, are you looking for something?" The employee asked, smilingly.

"Umm...yes." I finally saw her smile again, the smile I have been hoping to see. "There is this book that I have been looking for." She said.

"May I know what is the book's name, Miss? Perhaps I could help you. We have a list of all the names of each book in our shop."

"Oh, it's Emma by Jane Austen." She replied.

"Let me see," said the employee, opening her notebook that has the list of names of every book in the shop.

She pinned her index finger, running her it on the list and on every page in search of the book that Y/n needed.

"Sorry, Miss, but we are already out of stock." The employee looked at her, apologetically.

"It's alright," Y/n smiled.

The lady smiled back before she went back to her work.

Y/n let a sigh and a slight frown appeared on her pinkish lips as the sunlight gleamed through the shop, making her eyes turn into the colour of hazelnut and her skin, kissed by the warm light. I could not help, but stare at how beautiful this girl could be, questioning myself that in the past few years I've spent in Hogwarts why I never got the chance to look at how beautiful she is, both inside and out.

Looking at her made me imagine how would our life be if we're away from all of this dark times. Her and me, living a wonderful life. Her, being able to smile and live her life freely as she wanted. And her, being able to have children. Our children.

"Draco? Draco?"

I flickered my eyes, noticing Y/n was snapping her fingers in front of me.

"I have been speaking to you for minutes. What were you thinking that you're so deep in your thoughts?" She told.

"Nothing special," I cleared my throat.

"Ok..." she looked at me, curiously and uncertain about my answer. "I umm...going to Diagon Alley, so I...You can come if you wan-"

"I'll accompany you wherever you go, Y/n."

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

Walking on the empty streets of Diagon Alley is as not much busy as before.

It has changed. The once busy Alley turned into a gloomy and depressing one. There are not much of wizard and witches walking around, crowding the whole pathway like before.

She went inside a shop that was just now I realized that it was there. It's called 'Wonderland Brush'. The shop was not much attracted to people who aren't in need of art supplies or to the people who don't much do arts and paintings like me.

As she opened the door, a bell rang on the top of us. The shop itself is not alike to its exterior. The shop has a warm light from the sun, decorated plants on tables and some are hung, and Art materials are placed on their perspective cabinets or shelves. The shop was more likely to be described as the common room of the house of Hufflepuff. It has the warm tone color and it looks comfortable.

"Good afternoon, Miss Y/n, 'been so long since you last came here." Greeted by the old man, who is in his 70s and who came out of the door and went to the counter. "What could I do for you today?" The man smiled.

"Good afternoon, Mr Florence, do you have any new brushes and paints today?" She smiled.

"Ahh, yes, they have arrived just yesterday and I reserved some for you." Mr Florence walked around the counter and approached the cabinet nearby the window, taking a medium-sized box that contains the material that Y/n needs. "Here, it's good as new." He handed the box to her.

"Thank you, Mr Florence." She placed the box down on the table and opened her small brown satchel to take her purse out.

Then, Mr Florenece looked at me with his dazzling eyes and smile.

"And this must be your husband." He exclaimed in delight, causing Y/n to lift up her head.

"Oh, uhhh...Yes," She smiled. "This is Draco."

"Ahh, the young master and the only son of the Malfoys." He said, softly. "I didn't quite expect that you are much better looking than in the newspapers. Just now that I could get to see you personally and clearly." Then he turned his eyes to Y/n. "I must quite say, the two of you look perfect each other. It is as if fate has found its way."

I could tell Y/n was a bit stunned by Mr Florence's words, for her eyes widened and her cheeks turned almost red or peachy.

"Thank you, Mr Florence," I uttered, smiling at the old man.

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

As we got out of the shop, my eyes caught on the blond-haired lady, interviewing someone on the streets, with her magic pen and note by her side.

Rita Skeeter.

"Reducio," I hear Y/n say, which I presume she decreased the size of the box so that she would be able to fit it in her satchel.

As soon as Rita Skeeter had a glimpsed on us, her eyes gleamed upon seeing us in her luck. Her lips smiled widely as if she had just won a lottery or she has found what she has been looking for for ages.

Before she could even get a chance to approach us, I grabbed Y/n's hands, as she lifted her eyes, giving me a questioning look, then we apparated back and landed on the front steps

"What was that all about?" She asked, confused as to why I had suddenly brought her home. "I still need to-"

"Do you want to get caught by Rita Skeeter or let her lock us up with her nonsense interview?" I blurted.

"Oh..." Her voice trailed off, but somehow guilty. "Sorry..."