Chapter 56

The first day of August came and the day that I will know whether I'm with a child or not.

My feet swept out of the bed, meeting the cold surface of the floor and walking straight to the bathroom.

I inhaled a heavy breath, nervous that I'm going to find out if I'm pregnant.

I slid my shorts down in my legs, letting them fall to the ground and then my underwear.

Tears streamed down my cheeks and light sobs were uttered upon my lips. My feelings were mixed. Somehow I'm happy, somehow terrified, and somehow....sad. The answer was right in front of my eyes.

I placed back my underwear and shorts, and went to the sink, washing my face and looking at myself in the mirror. Taking a few deep breaths has helped me calm down as I process everything in my mind.

"Y/n?" I heard Draco's voice behind the bathroom door, which I knew he would be here since today is the day I will tell him whether if I am with a child or not. "Are you in there?" Worry was drawn in his voice.

I sighed, taking a deep few breaths before opening the door. I looked up at him. His eyes were laid upon mine, with worry drawn into them. I could tell that he's anxious about what will I tell him.

"Draco..." My voice was soft and low, yet sad. "I think I really am with a child."

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

Sitting down on the couch in my room while gazing upon the fireless fireplace.

I didn't quite expect the outcome.

I'm going to be a mother at a young age and I'm not properly trained enough to become a mother. But I knew that my instincts would help me, somehow, because they say that some women are very natural in becoming a mother. It is within the hearts and minds of women.

Draco and I had an agreement to only keep this between us until I'm ready to tell, especially his mother.

My feelings were confusing me. It's like I wanted to cry, but at the same time, I was really happy that there is a child growing inside my womb.

(Knock, knock...)

The door slowly creaked open and a man stood there in his signature black suit.

Draco.

He doesn't have the smile that I thought I would see. Sadness was written in his eyes and his lips, an anxious frown.

"Y/n?" He gently closed the door from behind him and walked towards me and sat down. "How are you feeling?" He asked, looking at me.

No words were uttered upon me.

"I'm sorry..." he said, cupping my right cheek.

"I'm scared, Draco," I mumbled, looking down. "I mean...I'm young to become a mother and maybe I couldn't handle it. I'm not ready..." I reasoned.

"Hey," His voice was soft and gentle. "I'm here with you. I assure you that everything will be alright." He looked deeply into my eyes.

He's sincere in his words. I couldn't help but soften my emotions and take my anger away and throw it far away from me.

I think I really do love him. No, I really love him.

However, the problem was...I don't how or when should I say these words to him. Every time I wanted to tell him that, I feel like I was getting stopped, I feel like someone was holding me back.

I heard him sigh and moved closer to me, spreading his arms and wrapping them around me, embracing me.

I miss this. I miss the way he would hug me. It brings back memories of the moments we shared at the Astronomy Tower.