Chapter 4

Daphne and I headed back to the Common Room after our class in Potions.

Harry got the Liquid Luck Potion for making a successful Draught of the Living Potion.

As we entered the common room, I saw Draco talking to Parkinson on the Sofa nearby the fireplace.

I know that the two of them have a relationship together, I just hope that she won't find out about me as his wife because I know what'll happen to me if she knew.

As I and Daphne are heading up to my dorm, I felt someone lightly tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Michael Lestrange.

"Hi, I didn't know you're in Slytherin," he told.

"Doesn't it tell based on my robes?" I lifted my brow.

"Michael Lestrange, isn it?" Asked Daphne.

"Yes, that is correct, but I didn't get your names." He smiled.

"My name is Daphne Greengrass, and this is my friend, Y/n Auclair."

"It's nice meeting you." He uttered.

"Yeah, us too, but we have to go." I grabbed Daphne's arm. "We still have something to do. I guess we'll see you later..." Then we made our way up to my dormitory.

-Draco's POV-

My eyes caught a glimpse on Y/n and Michael.

Michael is my cousin and the son of Aunt Bellatrix. We are very close ever since we are just a child, but we got parted when his father decided to put him in Durmstrang, instead of Hogwarts. Yet, we still keep in touch during the summer.

Yesterday, I have received a letter that Michael is to come to attend school here. He just arrived today.

Though, I feel like he has taken an interest in my wife. He doesn't seem to know she's the one since he didn't attend the wedding.

"I'll just go to my next class, Draco," Told Pansy as he gave me a kiss on my cheek and left.

I looked up the fire on the fireplace, listening to its crackling and feeling the warmth of it. Then, my eyes caught on a glimpse of the wedding ring whilst my hands are intertwined together as my elbows rested on my knees.

Earlier in potions class, I noticed she isn't wearing the wedding ring around her finger. She must've taken it off in order for it to be a secret.

"Draco," I heard my name and lifted my eyes, seeing Michael taking a seat in front of me. "You mustn't have noticed your wife?"

"Wife?" I raised my brow.

"I know who's your wife, Draco. You think I don't. Isn't she Y/n Auclair?" He smirked. "The girl I talked to, earlier."

"Shut up, Michael," I mumbled. "But, it's good for you to be back."

"Sudden change of mood, mate?" He chuckled. "You really are still the same. By the way, are you still with Parkinson even you're already married?"

"I got married by force. I know Y/n wouldn't mind that I'm still with Parkinson."

"Very well then. If you say so, but Y/n seems to be a nice young lady."

"Don't tell me that you have taken interest in her?"

"What? No, I don't. I just wanted to be friends with her. Care to give me advice or something you know about her?"

"All I know for sure is she's rather shy." I looked down at my wedding ring while playing with it on my finger.

"Do you like her? Y/n?"

I lifted my head up, looking at Michael. "Do you think I like her?" My brow was raised.

"Well, no. I think you like being with Parkinson."

-Y/n's POV-

I pulled Daphne inside my room, closing the door from behind me.

"What was that about?" She curiously asked.

"You do know that....that is Draco's cousin," I exclaimed.

"Well I-" Then, the moment she recalled Michael's last name is Lestrange. "Oh,"

"Do you think he knows that I'm the-"

"The Wife, yes, and yes I know that he knows it. Though, we both know his mother is kind of..." Daphne couldn't seem to find the words to describe Michael's mother. "It doesn't matter, but at least Michael is nicer than your husband."

"Don't call him my HUSBAND." I quoted.

I never really feel or see Draco as my husband. It just seems to be like....there is something wrong. I couldn't see my future in him. I couldn't picture myself being with a cold-blooded man.

I sighed loudly, letting my body fall on my bed. Then, I remembered my brother...

I have not seen my brother ever since before the wedding. I really feel like he's mad and couldn't bear to see me. My brother really wanted to take me away out of this miserable situation, but he already tried what he can.

Then, I and Daphne turned our heads to the door upon hearing a knock.

I stood up from the bed, walking towards the door, and opening it revealing my brother.

"William!" I got surprised.

"I guess this is my queue to leave." Said Daphne, a smile was on her lips. "I'll come back later when our next class is up." Then, she went out of the room.

I closed the door, leading my brother to the couch near the fireplace. I really missed my brother. I missed him being around me when I feel sad.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't do anything." William sighed.

"Do not fret, brother. Though, I really do hope I could get out of this marriage in the future." I spoke, looking at the fire on the fireplace.

"I thought of something."

My eyes lift up, looking at my brother upon hearing that he thought of something that could help me get out.

"Divorce him when a year or 2 has passed." He shared.

"But what if the writers of the Daily Prophet would write about it, and what will I say when they are going to interview me?" I asked.

"Tell them that you fell out of love. I know that your marriage does not contain any love or friendship in it, but lying to the reporters that you fell out of love is fine. They'll understand. And tell them that the two of you grew tired of each other. I know Draco would agree to it." He explained.

I looked back at the fireplace, hesitating about the plan my brother shared. I find it somehow helpful, but 2 years is still a long time, especially when I'll just be inside the Malfoy Manor during those times, feeling left alone.

"Think about it, Y/n." My brother was convinced. "You are still an Auclair. Auclairs have the ability to stand up from their problems."

I remembered when my mother used to tell me those words. To be honest, I have lost complete trust in those words whenever I thought of thought about it. And now, I'm hearing it, not from my mother, but from my brother.

"I'll leave you to think. There is no need to rush. Just tell me when you have thought about it." He reassured, placing his hand on my shoulder.