Chapter 74

-Draco's POV-

I got back home after knowing that she could not remember me. I didn't get the chance to get close to her because I wasn't yet ready to face her, especially when she'll only recognize me as a stranger.

"Draco, dear?" My mother appeared when I was entering the Entrance Hall. "Where's Y/n? Did her father not let you see her?"

I looked at my mother with misery in my eyes. Seeing Y/n happy earlier truly lightens me, but what hurts is...I am just a stranger to her. She will not recognize me if I claimed her back.

"Mother," I sighed.

"Son, you look like you have been defeated."

Yes, I have been defeated, but not in the way of what my mother thinks the situation is. I feel defeated that there's a chance that she will not remember me and thinking of it hurts me. What if I failed to make her remember? Will she marry another?

"She cannot remember me..." I told her.

Mother looked at me in disbelief.

"But how can she not?" She fretted. "Was she obliviated? Did her father do that?"

"She requested it, told by her brother. He took me to where she is now. And..." He pressed his lips together, trying to stop his tears from falling down. "And she's happy, but she could not remember me."

My mother tried to find words to speak, looking down, as she inhaled a sharp breath from her mouth. In her eyes, she was sad, because I knew she has grown to love Y/n and she sees her as her own. I saw in my mother's eyes how delighted she was when Y/n calls her "mother". And if Y/n couldn't remember me, she couldn't remember my mother, father, Aerin and Dobby, and neither Michael.

"It is no wonder why she disappeared in every one of your pictures on your wedding day." She placed her hand on her forehead, sighing.

"She disappeared?" My eyes widened.

"Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I thought she just went away for days. You know that our photos move and I didn't have the slightest idea that she was obliviated."

I took a deep breath, calming myself down from the pressure that have slipped through every one of my veins.

"What will you do now then?" She sighed.

It was really difficult to think of Y/n's situation. It would be hard, maybe harder than I think.

And the only thing I could do is to make her remember...

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

My suitcase was already settled and I was at the Entrance Hall, saying my goodbyes to my mother.

I do not know how long will I be staying in Malsbury Town. Maybe weeks, a month, or months, or until she remembers. The important thing to do is that she remembers me.

"Be safe, dear." My mother embraced me. "Don't pressure yourself, just have patience and take time. Everything will be alright." She assured me as we parted from our embrace. "Don't let yourself down, alright?" She held both my arms with care.

I nodded in reply, my breath was slightly shaking.

"You're scared, aren't you?" Said she.

I just smiled weakly.

I am truly scared of what will I be facing and at the same time, I'm scared that maybe she won't be able to remember me.

"Whatever you are thinking of right now, Draco, everything will be fine. I know she'll remember you. I assure you."