Chapter 9

I made my way to the room of requirements because I know for sure that he is in there with Michael, working on that Vanishing Cabinet.

I stopped upon reaching the wall as it reveals the doorway to the room. The door opened and I marched inside until I saw Malfoy with Michael.

"Oh, Y/n, you're here." Michael was happy to see me, but his smile dropped as soon as he saw how furious I am.

"You wretched man! Are you trying to kill Katie Bell?" I spat.

Malfoy froze. He looks terrified. I can tell from his eyes that he was shocked upon hearing those words like he doesn't know what to do or like he wanted to escape.

"Y/n, calm down. It can't be true." Michael tried to calm me down, but I know what I saw and I want to know what was the reason why he did that to Katie.

"I know you hated Gryffindors, but you shouldn't get that too far. What's your reason? I mean- What the fuck is wrong with you? Have you no mercy at all?" I ranted. "You are not a human. YOU.....You are a terrible, horrifying Monster." I pointed my finger, hitting it on his chest.

The next thing  I knew is his hand was wrap around my neck, choking me. His eyes were furious, dark like he wanted to kill me. He doesn't want to be wrong.

"Draco, stop. She couldn't breathe." Michael exclaimed.

"Stay out of this, Michael. This girl is my responsibility." His voice was in a tone of anger whilst his eyes stared into mine and his lips were in a thin line.

He squeezed my neck more, causing me to gasp for air and whimper in pain.

"You," He rasped, tightening his grip more onto my neck. "You shouldn't throw your anger at me, you filthy little brat if you don't want to get killed too." Then he just threw me on the floor like I am just a thing that could be easily thrown away.

I coughed whilst holding my neck.

Michael quickly kneeled next to me with his hands around my arms and with concern in his eyes. Then he looked at Draco.

"Draco, you shouldn't do that. She's a girl, let alone your wife." He blurted.

"Michael, it's alright," I spoke between my coughs. "He wants me to die anyway. Then his wish is my command." I glared at him, standing up from the floor and walked out of the room.

-Draco's POV-

She stood up, glaring at me and walked out of the room.

To be honest, that has hurt my feelings a bit, or somehow it feels like the whole of me has been shattered. It feels like hell has brought upon me.

"Draco," Michael spoke. "You have to be careful with your words and please just never hurt that girl. She is not the girl as you think she is."

I never uttered any words.

"I know that you couldn't control your temper, but please learn to control how." With that, he left to follow her, which even more hurts.

I think I'm already being too harsh on her. It's been going on for months ever since when I first did that to her. I have been threatening her without even realizing that I'm hurting her piece by piece.

I have been keeping her on watch with the help of Adrian, Theo and Blaise. I have been curious on what she was doing while she's not in front of my eyes. And whenever she's around me, I couldn't take my eyes off her.

Blaise has asked me this question before, "If I'm already slowly falling for her", but my answer was always no.

I think...what I said was a lie along.

-Y/n's POV-

I marched back to the hallway, making my way to the common room as I wiped the tears off on my cheeks.

"Y/n!"

I turned around as soon as I heard my name and saw Michael running towards me, then he suddenly hugged me, causing my eyes to grow wide.

"Oh, I'm sorry." He said as he pulled away. "I just got worried."

"It's alright." I sighed as we continued to walk.

It was silent for a moment and my eyes caught the beautiful lake through the window as it glistened from the moonlight.

"Are you truly going to kill yourself?" He asked in a sad tone.

I stopped on walking and turned to him, looking down on the floor.

"If it means I'm going to suffer from his threats, well I guess I would....but...I'm not really sure...It's just that," I took a deep breath and spoke, "I feel like I'm a fool. I feel so useless."

"I'm sorry to hear that.."

"It's alright, but...Thank you for always being there for me."

He smiled. "But please promise me that even suicide has crossed your mind, don't do it. It won't solve anything."

I sighed. I do not know if I could promise that. I have always thought of it as a way out of this miserable marriage.

"Fine, I promise." Fingers were crossed behind my back.

"Ah, Mr. Lestrange and Miss Auclair." We turned our heads to see Professor Slughorn approaching us.

"Good evening, Professor," I greeted.

"Ah, yes, Good evening." He smiled. "It's a good thing that you are here today and I wanted to tell you that I'm having a Supper Party this Friday evening. Would you care to join?" He asked us.

"I'm sor-" I was about to decline, but Michael cut me off.

"We would be honoured, sir." Michael accepted.

"Great, just wait for my owl to send you the invitations." He effused. "I would be happy to have the both of you there." Then, he went on his way.

I waited for him to leave, then looked at Michael.

"Michael, you should've let me-"

"I know you're going to decline, Y/n, but you don't want to let him down, right? And besides, think of this as a getaway, even if it was just for a short while." He told.

"I guess you're right." I sighed.

Maybe, this party might clear off my mind from things, especially Malfoy.

But, let me be honest. There are times that I couldn't get Malfoy off my mind. I do not know why. It's like he has placed a curse on me or a poison that every night I couldn't stop thinking about him.

I'm neither happy, nor sad. I'm just confused, yet hurt at the same time. It must be because I hated him so much that my heart has been aching from anger.