Chapter 82

Yesterday, Draco had told her about the girl, who had forgotten about him. He told her about how she was getting anxious when the war is getting closer. Y/n was aware that a battle happened in Hogwarts, but all she knows is she stayed at the Auclair Manor.

Draco had gone out for groceries and Y/n was cleaning the cottage and she was in Draco's room, commanding her broom to sweep the floor by the use of her wand whilst she was organizing the things on the side table.

The wind blew through the window and made the parchments fly and fell to the ground.

She quickly closed the window and picked up the parchments on the floor. Then she noticed something. She noticed that these parchments were not just some parchments, they were letters. Unsealed and unfolded letters.

She sat down on the bed and read the letter that is on the front.

My dearest darling love,

You may have not a single memory of me; to the moments that we have shared and to the moments that we have loved. And yet, my love for you never changed, not even once.

We may have encountered many obstacles that have affected our marriage, we may have doubted each other's loyalty, but still, my heart never failed to love you.

My darling love, seeing you oblivious to what had happened to you, hearing from your brother that you do not have a single memory of me, my family and even Michael felt like I have been stabbed by millions of swords in the heart. It had ripped my heart apart, love.

My dearest Y/n, I truly love you...I love you to the moon and back. Merlin knows how much I love you. Merlin knows that I'll do anything to make you remember me.

But...

If you cannot...

And you married someone else...Marrying the person that you'll love...

Please do know that I will always love you, protect you, care for you. I will be your friend, who will be always here for you...

I love you, Y/n.

Affectionately Yours,
Draco Malfoy

She placed the letters down to her lap, still holding it, with disbelief. She didn't expect that her name was on the letter she was holding.

"Y/n! I'm here." Draco's voice was heard from the living room as he closed the door.

Draco placed the basket of groceries on the dining table, and he proceeded to his room, finding that Y/n was holding the letters that were meant for her.

He froze, his eyes widened in shock, his mouth slightly open. He doesn't know what to do nor what to speak, especially when her name was written on those letters.

"She has the same name as me." She said, looking up at him. "Is this why you didn't tell me because I might think that maybe I was that person, especially when we attended the same school?"

Of course, she would have thought that. She thought that she has the same name as the girl, but it just shattered Draco's heart, even more, knowing that she doesn't really have a clue.

This made him feel hopeless. He now knew that getting obliviated was easy, but making her get her memory back is difficult. Nonetheless, he still quite didn't finish the story yet and maybe she'll remember.

"I...uhhh...yes." He replied nervously. "And for the reason that you might think I'm insane."

"Insane?" She exclaimed. "Why would I? You could've told me that we both have the same name. It's simple as that." She smiled.

"O...oh...oh.." He stuttered, smiling nervously.

"Now, if you may excuse me. I must go to the orphanage today. A married couple is coming to find someone to give a child their love." She stood up from the bed and pointed her wand to the broom, casting a spell to stop it from sweeping and casting a spell to make the pile of dust disappear. Then she stepped out of the room, took her apron off, and went to the room.

'Wait," Draco stopped her from her pace.

"Yes?" She poked her head through her bedroom door.

"May I come?" He asked.

She gave out a sweet smile that could easily melt his heart, then she spoke, "Sure, you may."

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

"Have you seen all the children, Mr and Mrs Wright?" Y/n asked the couple, who had finished checking on the children.

"We think so..." Mrs Wright said.

"Did you find someone to your liking?" Y/n again asked the couple.

Mr and Mrs Wright looked at each other, worry was written in their eyes. Then they turned their heads back to Y/n with weak smiles on their faces.

Mr Wright shook his head, feeling hopeless, especially when they have gone to many orphanage to find a child that captured their heart, a child who would bring joy to them. The children they have met and seen were beautiful. They make them smile, they gave them joy, but it was not the joy that they seek.

"I see." Y/n slightly tilted her head down, frowning. "Then, I'll see the two of you on your way out." She motioned her hand, allowing them to go first before her.

As they were almost to the door, the couple stopped on their steps in front of the living room and found someone who had captured their eyes.

Rose.

She was sitting down on the blue squared carpet and was playing Tea Parties with the stuffed toys and Dolls.

"Who is she?" Mrs Wright asked and her gazes never left the little girl.

"She's Rose." Y/n replied in a soft voice. "She has the inability to speak nor hear." She sighed.

"She has?" Mrs Wright furrowed her brows.

Y/n nodded in reply then spoke again, "She was born with it...and her parents died in the fire just to save her."

"Oh." Mrs Wright felt pity for the girl. "May we meet her properly?"

Y/n smiled, her hope rises for Rose, for Rose has been rejected by many couple for the past months just because she was unable to speak nor hear.

"You may," Y/n grinned, motioning her hand to allow then to go inside the living room and meet Rose properly.

Mr and Mrs Wright went inside, carrying the hope that Rose may be the child that they are looking for, the child that they wanted to adopt.

"Is that Mr and Mrs Wright?" Draco walked in after playing with several of children outside, who forced him to play with them in hide and seek. However, Draco didn't mind. He quite enjoyed playing with them.

"Yes," She replied. "Rose's wish may come true."

"Wish?"

"She wished that she'll have parents to love her again, but many couples never gave her the chance because of her disability." She sighed. "I do hope that the heavens grant her wish now. Mr and Mrs Wright are a nice couple, and they do know how to do sign language too." She said whilst watching the couple talking to Rose with the use of sign language.

"I do hope so too." He said.

Mr and Mrs Wright bid goodbye to little Rose with smiled on their faces and approached Y/n and Draco.

"How was it?" Smiled Y/n, asking the couples.

Mr and Mrs Wright exchanges each other's gazes, then they both looked back to Y/n with smiles on their lips.

"May we sign the papers now?" Asked Mr Wright.