Chapter 28

It was another fail. A failure that I knew what would the outcome be. Was the dream a foreshadow of what will happen?

I closed the doors of the cabinet, feeling that fear that I always felt whenever I tried to fix it. I feel useless. I was not confident enough to do this. I am not the kind of person to betray my own school, nor is the kind of person who wouldn't give up for the sake of her family. But how will my family be saved? Will that nightmare come true? My Family dying in front of my very eyes?

A hand suddenly interlocked with mine. I looked at my side, seeing Draco looking down at me with a frown too on his lips.

"I'll take you somewhere," his lips curled up into a soft smile.

He pulled me and led me the way outside the room of requirements.

The hallways are much darker than I last saw earlier when I was heading to the room of requirements. Crickets were heard, the torch on the wall with its fiery coloured light, and the moonlight making its way through the window as the pillars created its shadows on the floor.

I haven't had the slightest idea where he is taking me until we reached the spiral staircase of the Astronomy tower.

He led me up there, to where our Astrology class was always held in the evening.

We sat down on the steps in front of the doorway.

His hand was still interlocked with mine. He never let go...He never did. It feels nice that he didn't let go. I needed this. I needed his comfort. It's like all of my burdens just flew away with the wind and vanished like a fire in a candle that was blown away by a slight breeze.

I moved closer to him and rested my head on his shoulder.

He didn't try to remove my head. I thought he would. He didn't mind.

He rubbed circles on my hand with his thumb, assuring me that everything will be alright. It feels relaxing, knowing that I feel safe and supported by him.

"I always come here whenever I feel downcast," he told, looking at the stars outside the tall window with railings attached to it.

"But..." I paused for a moment. "That day, after the quidditch match, are you....are you trying to commit suicide?"

No words were uttered from him.

"If you ever thought of it again, never do that kind of illegal act. You'll leave your parents...let alone me..." I spoke in a low voice.

"But you'll have Michael," he replied.

"Michael is a nice person. Yes, he's always with me, but he's a friend. With you, I feel safer, valuable, and something within speaks differently whenever I'm with you."

It had left him speechless.

I waited for him to say any words out from his mouth, but my eyes felt heavy as they try to close down my sight until they did.

-Draco's POV-

Am I hearing words from my mind? Did she truly say that she prefers to be with me than Michael?

Questions ran around my mind.

Does she love me back? She hasn't said those words yet, I love you. I haven't heard her say except when I carried her back to her room. It would be delightful in the ears, it would sound like music produced by angels.

I love her. I love her like no one else. Only her.

I turned my head down to her, only to see her peacefully asleep, tired from the whole day.

This girl. I never expected that she'll come to my life even though our beginning is not as beautiful as any love stories that were told around the world. Ours are created differently in some way that only we could tell.

It's like my whole world changed in a blink of an eye because of her.

She's a sacred gift that the heavens have gifted to me.

-Michael's POV-

I didn't get the chance to go to the room of requirements, for I still needed to finish my homework that was due tomorrow morning.

Though, hours have been passed. Both of them haven't come back, and it made me worried. Worried that something might have happened to her. Worried that maybe Draco took his temper out on her again. It is one of my greatest fear, seeing her hurt and terrified.

My heart couldn't calm itself. My fingers couldn't stop fiddling.

What if Draco did something to her now? He wouldn't, right? But what if he truly did?

Questions ran around my mind until I decide to go and find them, thinking that they're still in the room of requirements.

I stood up from my bed, took the coat from the rack, and dashed out of my dormitory.

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

The hallways are quiet and fire was lit up on the torches that were attached to the wall.

They are nowhere to be found inside the room of requirements. Not a single sound was heard inside, only that's left in there was a bitten apple on a dusty table that was left untouched for like ages.

My fingers ran through my hair, thinking where they could be.

I have been walking around, trying to guess where they are until I heard footsteps from behind me.

My whole body turned around immediately, only to see what shattered every inch of my heart.

He's carrying her in his arms. Her arms wrapped around his shoulders, her head rested on his shoulder, and her body cradled in his arms. She was asleep. They both have been at the Astronomy tower.

Jealousy. Jealousy overtook my heart. My emotions turned dull.

I couldn't bear to look at them.

She was smiling. Of course, she has to. She loves him. She never loved me. I was just a friend to her, a friend who would take the darkness away within her.

He is the Husband, I am the friend.

I love her, but she's not mine. It's unrequited love.