Chapter 15

"Take a picture, It'll last longer." He smirked, scoffing.

I snapped myself back to reality, slightly shaking my head and clearing my throat.

"What are you even doing here?" I asked, displeased by his presence.

"You weren't like that last night," He told.

"Whatever are you talking about?"

He stood there silently. He never answered my question. The famous smirk of his just disappeared like dust that have flown into thin air.

-Draco's POV-

She forgot?

Of course, she would since how I acted last night was impossible for me to show her. She won't believe me even if I told her. Would she?

"If you're just going to stand there and just stare at me coldly, it would be best for you to leave me alone." He told. "Jeez, I feel like it's getting colder when you look at me like that." She turned her back to me and started to walk.

I always wondered why I never liked her before. I even thought she would be boring at first like I thought my world would be duller whenever I'm around her. I was wrong. Her, being annoyed makes it even better.

I started to move my feet, walking to her while she hasn't gone far yet from me.

I grabbed her straight to her hand, turning her around as her eyes locked into mine.

Her cheeks were pink as rose, her lips too.

The palm of her hand felt smooth like the angels had given her the finest skin.

It is the first time I have held her hand. Her hand was cold as ice, for she might have left it without a glove for long.

She looked at me, stunned.

She couldn't process any words to utter. So instead, she pulled her hand away from mine and placed her glove back on her hand, clearing her throat.

She got flustered. I noticed her cheeks getting rosier.

"I-...You-...I mean-" she closed her eyes then sighed and opened them again, looking at me with bravery. Silly may it sound be, but she tried really hard to look into my eyes then chose to look at her side instead. "Remind yourself that you do not have the permission to grab my hand just like that. That's quite rude."

"But you let Michael hug you?"

She lifted her eyes, able to focus on mine as she flickered her eyelids, tilting her head slightly to the left.

"How- Well, let me be precise, MALFOY." She scoffed. "Michael is a friend of mine, let alone a cousin-in-law of mine, and therefore I trust him and he's always kind while YOU," She pointed at my chest. "You are quite the opposite."

"You like him, don't you?"

"Ok, why does everyone think I like him when I only see him as a friend." She spoke, annoyed.

"First of all, you-"

"First of all, why are you talking to me like...like not before? Like You always treat me like shit." She looked at me curiously. "And why all of the sudden did you just got interested with me and Michael? And why do you care?" She scoffed. "Wait, Did you just follow me here?"

My mind was jumbled up with words that I couldn't even fix just one word or sentence to speak.

She waited, glaring at me while her arms are crossed upon her chest.

"I'm here because of the Cabinet that we need to deal with, Y/n." Those are the only words that came out of my mouth.

-Y/n's POV-

I was walking back to my dormitory, thinking about Draco's sudden change of nature. Draco's personality earlier was a bit strange yet shocking.

It's like he just changed for a few minutes then went back to his boorish and frightening old self of his again as soon as he told me about the cabinet.

I couldn't read or understand him at all. He's confusing. He talked to me at the shore of the Black lake like some kind of...I don't what to describe, but when we're at the room of requirements fixing the vanishing cabinet, he didn't speak to me at all, not even a word. He only focused on the cabinet.

Did I say something to upset him?

I lightly shook my head and continued my way back to my room. I reached in front of my door and yet found another gift. A red gift.

I picked it up, opening it as it revealed a white tiny leathered box, carved with gold cursive words.

I figured that it wasn't just an ordinary gift. This gift is an expensive one. It was from a famous Jewelry store named Smith's, and I heard that they make jewelries from the customer's request.

I opened the door to my room then closed it as soon as I got in.

I sat down on the side of my bed, wondering who would give me such expensive jewellery. I couldn't just accept it because for some reason why would he or she bother himself or herself buying me this and why would someone give this to me anonymously? My friends knew I don't like receiving expensive things because it made me feel uncomfortable.

I opened the box again, took out the small jewellery box and opened it.

Amused. I was amused by its beauty and how well and perfect it was made. It has a gold flower of daffodil with tiny bits of diamonds surrounded by it on the centre of its gold chain.

Then my eyes caught a letter inside the red gift box.

It wasn't sealed with anything. It was only folded twice like a book. I unfolded it and read what it says,

Happy Christmas, Y/n!

Those were the only words, but I knew who it came from, based on his handwriting.

It was him. The man who kept on sending me those letters.