Chapter 69

Days quickly passed by and I became more and more anxious, for the date of the battle is nearly there, and this anxious feeling has made me feel tired and I sometimes quite found myself sleeping or taking a nap on the couch.

It made Draco worried and he told me that he should get a healer to have me checked up, but I refused because this will pass soon. It's just a feeling of anxiousness that made me feel this sleepy.

I have just woken up from my afternoon sleep and my head was still processing about the war and what will happen if the Dark Lord conquered the Wizarding World. The world would surely become dull and there won't be any children playing around the streets like it used to.

I flinched when I heard tapping on the window and saw Edmon with a letter on its beak.

I swept my feet off the bed even though I still didn't want to leave the bed and approached the window, opening it to let Edmon in. Edmon gave me the letter and I thanked him before he flew back to the Auclair Manor.

I closed the window back and sat down on the window seat, wondering what is inside the letter.

As soon as I opened the letter, I expected it to be something that would cheer me up, but no...It wasn't.

Dear Y/n,

The world has been falling apart, turning every blue sky into grey. We were informed that the Dark Lord has been staying with the Malfoys, which made us realize that the Malfoys are one of his men.

We know that you have created great affection towards your husband, but you must know that we still care for you and would do anything to make you safe.

I, your father, will come tomorrow to take you home. I have already prepared the divorce papers for both of you to sign.

I'm sorry, my dear...
It is for the best of you...

Sincerely yours,
Eric Auclair, your father.

Tears started to stream down from my eyes, making my sight blur, and droplets of it began to splash down on the letter, causing the letter's written words to fade slightly and its ink flowed with the droplets.

It shattered me, especially when I couldn't do anything to stop it because my father will be already taking me back home, away from my beloved.

Draco did promise me that he'll not let anything or anyone make our marriage crumble down, but now...when it comes to my father...it's different.

-Draco's POV-

I have eaten dinner after the meeting and Y/n ate hers in her bedroom because she doesn't feel well.

It worries me, seeing her upset as days go by. She would usually sleep her worries off, for it made her tired to think about the war.

I opened the door to her bedroom and saw her laying down on the bed, sleeping whilst cuddling her childhood plush bear that her parents' gave her on her birthday.

My feet swept off the ground and I took my coat off, hanging it on the bed's footboard, and laid down next to her as I gently took the plush bear out of her arms and exchange it with myself as I dug my face on her stomach. I heard her groan, which I knew she was probably awake.

"What's wrong, love?" She asked in her sweet and soft voice. Such an angelic sound. "Did the meeting made you tired?" She gently stroked the back of my head.

I looked up to her and spoke, "Yes. It's even worse than before."

I noticed that there were trails of tears on her cheeks, which led my mind to curiosity...about why she cried.

"Why did you cry?" I moved up, levelling her head, and wiped the trails of her tears.

"I'm alright," She smiled softly. "You don't need to worry."

"How can I not worry when the person I love is crying?" I caressed her cheek with my thumb.  "Come here." I pulled her closer to me, hugging her tightly into my arms, and hummed to calm her down.

"Draco?" she spoke.

"Hmm?" I looked down at her, pulling away slightly from our embrace.

"Whatever happens, my love for you will never disappear even though we're apart."

I smiled and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Why are you speaking like you're leaving me?" I asked.

"I was?" She giggled.

I sighed, smilingly, and pulled her closer to me. "You know, after the war, I'll take you to Santorini, Greece. I know how much you dreamed of going there."

She gave me a questioning look, which made me chuckle.

"You're mother once told me that when you graduated from Hogwarts, you wanted to go there. Although, it made her sad because you wouldn't be able to go. So, I'll make it come true and your mother will surely be delighted. Now, do you want to go there after the war?"

She smiled and nodded.

"I promise. I'll take you there, Y/n."

-Y/n's POV-

Oh Draco, if only you knew. If only you knew how damaged I am right now, especially hearing your promise to me. Your promise of taking me to the place I dreamed to go.

If only you knew. If only you know that I will not be next to you when you wake up tomorrow.