Chapter 13

Christmas Eve.

I walked down the empty hallway that leads to Professor Slughorn's Party. I was walking alone since I insisted to Michael that he should head first even though when he didn't want to.

It was a bit quiet in this hallway. Its ceiling was decorated with red lanterns  the only sound I could hear is the music from the Party which is low to hear from here.

I stopped from my pace.

It reminded me of when we had our Christmas Party back at home, where all of us gathered around the Christmas tree, opening the gifts under it.

I feel nostalgic and sad at the same time, knowing that I won't be able to feel real Christmas again.

A smile crept on my lips, remembering those precious moments I shared with my family before I entered the marriage world at a young age.

I sighed and went back to my pace. Then suddenly, someone just grabbed me on the wrist causing me to take a turn and look at him. It was Draco.

"Draco?" I shrieked, surprised at his presence.

He never replied, he just pulled me without any hesitation, leading me to I think back to the common room.

He was completely silent while I kept on demanding for him to let me go. He never listened and just tightened his grip more unto my wrist which gave me pain.

Then he stopped in front of a door, opened it and led me inside. It was an empty classroom.

I don't know why he led me in here but I expect that he'll threaten me again, which made me feel nervous and at the same time terrified.

I heard him lock the door.

He turned around to see me and grabbed me on the waist and wrist, pinning me on the wall and towering me.

He looked deeply into my eyes as he cupped my cheek while his other hand never let go of my wrist.

His eyes weren't raging with anger at all, but I didn't understand why there was no anger in him, and why only now that I have witnessed him looking like this.

I gazed away from his eyes, closing my eyes and thinking that he would hurt me, for his grip on my wrist tightened more. But all of my thoughts were wrong.

He suddenly hugged me as he buried his face on my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my hips.

I heard him sob.

"Is this really Draco?" I thought.

He hugged me tightly as he cries.

I thought that this would make me feel uncomfortable, but it was the opposite.

It feels warm and the way he hugged me tightly feels cozy and melts my temper away.

I placed my hand on the back of his head, caressing it, while my other hand was at his back, gently stroking it to calm him down.

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎︎

I don't know how many minutes or maybe hours has passed. I just found myself sitting on the floor next to him while he was sleeping on my shoulder.

I must've missed the party...but I couldn't just leave him here alone. He needed comfort.

I looked at him then brushed off the hair that fell on his forehead.

He must have felt extremely sad and terrified about what he is tasked to do. His and his Parents' life are in the hands of the Dark Lord and I'm also involved.

I looked at his hand that was intertwined with mine. It really feels nice and I felt safe. I do not know why, but it really felt good like I never wanted to let go.

I felt my eyelids getting heavier as a yawn escapes my mouth. I rested the back of my head on the wall as darkness took over my sight.

-Draco's POV-

I suddenly woke up upon hearing the footsteps and chattering from outside the room.

I lifted my head up, looking at the moon from outside the window. Then I felt someone slightly move next to me.

I turned my head, seeing Y/n who had already fallen asleep.

Her head started to slide left and was about to fall on the table next to her. I rushed my hand to her head, saving her from hitting her head on the corner of the square table.

Then, I gently placed her head on my shoulder.

She didn't wake up at all. She just mumbled something, mentioning her mother's name.

She misses her. She misses her mother a lot, and I knew this would be her first Christmas without spending it with her Mother.

Indeed I felt bad. If only I could do something to make it up to her, if only I could manage my own temper, if only that she didn't marry...maybe she'll be safe. But our marriage was not in our hands but in the hands of our late grandfathers.

I couldn't determine what I truly felt for her. Am I falling for her slowly? Why do I find comfort around her? Why do I want her to always stay by my side and make me feel strong? Why do I have this kind of feeling for her?

True may it be that I haven't felt the same way towards Pansy.

It's just that I feel safe and my feelings were ecstatic even just by hearing her voice. Her beautiful soft angelic voice.

Sweet girl, that's what Michael describes her.

The noises from outside slowly faded away, but I still waited for 10 minutes until it is clear for us to get back to our dormitories.

I slowly tried to fix myself to avoid waking her up and making myself ready to carry her.

I didn't want to wake her up, I have already caused enough trouble for this girl and she must have been exhausted.

I reached for the doorknob above since the door was just right next to me and twisted it, opening the door.

I gently placed one of her arms around my neck and carried her into my arms in bridal style as her head rested on my shoulder.

A smile crept up on my lips as I stepped outside the room, walking back to our dormitories.

While walking back, I heard her mumble again some words.

These words contained 'I', 'Love' and 'You', but I do not know who is she offering these words and the first man that came to my mind was Michael.