Chapter 26

The next day is pretty normal.

I never felt any awkwardness and never heard whisperings about me since I stood up for myself yesterday.

I'm quite relieved that I could still go ahead with my normal days- Well, not as normal before I got married.

I was walking around the empty hallway in the middle of the evening, strolling around until I could feel sleepy. I got awoken by a nightmare just earlier. The same dream I had, watching the Dark Lord take away my family's life in front of me.

I sighed and brushed it off my mind.

I haven't seen Draco since yesterday and he also skipped his classes. He must have been busy fixing the cabinet.

I stopped my pace upon hearing someone coming nearby in the left hallway. I could see the light coming near and I panicked, knowing that it was Filch and his little weird creepy cat checking around the school.

I stepped back and felt someone grab my wrist. I turned around, meeting his eyes, those beautiful icy grey eyes I have been longing to see again.

"Follow me," he whispered.

I nodded in reply as he let go of my wrist and moved it to my hand.

"Did you hear that, Mrs Norris?" We both froze, upon hearing Filch's voice. "There must be students out of bed." He exclaimed.

"Run," Draco whispered again and he led me away from the hallway.

"Students!" Filch yelled as soon as he saw us. "Students out of bed!"

We ran, hearing the footsteps of Mr Filch as he tried to run.

I noticed Draco was still in his uniform and robe. He must be working on the cabinet pretty late, but he still needs to get some sleep and I knew he has been mostly up late at night just to fix it.

"Don't get tired," he told. "Filch might be able to catch us."

I just nodded, unable to speak, for my breath got heavy.

We ran until we reached a room, closing it and Draco cast a Silencing Charm so we won't be heard or be found by Filch and his cat, Mrs Norris.

I breathe heavily, my hand placed on my chest as I sat down on a spare chair nearby.

"What- Why are you even out at this time?" He scolded, trying to catch his breath. "Didn't you think that someone will catch you, especially that guy?"

"It's none of your concern, Malfoy," I told, glaring at him.

"Of course, it's my concern. You're my concern ever since we tied a knot." Said he, sounding like he cared for me.

"Concern?" I sat straight up, looking at him. "I never felt like I'm your concern ever since that stupid day," I emphasized the last two words, standing up from the chair.

He walked quickly to me. His hand met my neck again, making me slightly step back, and felt the table behind me.

His breath slammed on my face. His eyes looking through mine like he's looking through my soul. His lips were placed in a thin line. I made him furious again.

I whimpered from the fear and pain that I received from his hand around my neck, yet I still chose to act bravely.

"See what I mean?" I smirked.

He suddenly softened his grip around my neck, slowly putting it down like he felt defeat.

He looked down, our space in between us was only reduced a few inches away. He rested both of his hands on the table and I was in between them.

"I'm sorry.." I heard him mumble.

My heart began to soften towards him again as I cupped his cheek with my hand, my thumb caressing it.

"Draco..."

"Just tell me why are you strolling around at this hour?" He cut me off before I could finish my sentence.

I sighed and just decide to give him an answer to avoid any conflict between us.

"I was awoken by a nightmare..." I rested my forehead on his. "I couldn't sleep back." I closed my eyes.

Then I felt his one hand leave the table, raising it up until his hand met my cheek. It was cold, his rings made it feel even colder, but aside from those, I feel the warm feeling I always seek around him.

He lifted my head, meeting his grey eyes and mumbled words,

"I love you.."

With that, he enunciated the kiss.

It gave me butterflies inside my stomach. It feels nice. I have been longing for this ever since when he first kissed me.

But that day surprised me and I didn't know how to react, and now, I feel like I couldn't stop kissing his soft lips.

He made me sit down on the table behind me, and my legs were spread apart, for he was in between. His hand travelled down to my back and pulled me closer to him as I rested my hands on each of his shoulders.

It felt like it was the best feeling I have ever had, kissing the person you feel like you can assure life is better with him.

His kisses moved down to my jaw and to my neck, causing me to let out a tiny moan. It gave me such euphoria that I haven't felt before. I feel like I never wanted this to end.

His hands moved to my hips and squeezed my shirt before he tried to lift it up, wanting to take off my shirt.

I immediately placed my hands on both of his hands, stopping him from taking off my shirt.

He leaned backwards looking at me deeply in the eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asked, cupping my cheeks.

"I...I haven't done this before...I'm not ready..." I told.

He placed his hand on the back of my head, pulling me closer and planted a kiss on my forehead.

He pulled away and looked at me in the eyes with a smile on his lips before speaking,

"Don't worry, I won't rush you."

——*☁︎︎☾☁︎︎*——

A/n:
Finally! Our ferret has said it:)))