Chapter 46

My bags were already packed and were placed at the entrance door of the school.

This was the day that my mother-in-law, Narcissa, will be taking me back to the Malfoy Manor, where I could- I guess call it home...

I gave Daphne, Luna and my brother a hug as a bid of farewell even though my brother begged for me to not go, but I couldn't just let my mother-in-law down.

"I'll see you back in the Manor, Y/n." Smiled Michael.

I nodded and gave him a faint smile.

Draco, however, was standing there, looking at me like he had just lost hope.

I wanted to hug him too, but I just couldn't, for I was still uncertain about my own feelings. It was also a way to move on, so I could get on with life.

"Take care," said Daph, a faint smile was also on her lips.

"We'll see you next year," smiled Luna.

"Thank you," I gave them one last hug.

My brother too, gave me his last hug before I leave.

"Take care of yourself, remember to write to us." He told, smiling and planted a kiss on the top of my head.

"Y/n, we should be best be going before the train leaves us." Said Narcissa in her soft and sweet voice.

Aerin, the house-elf, who was assigned to me, was here too, to help us carry my other bags.

She snapped her fingers and my bags has floated in the air and she placed it inside of the carriage.

Aerin has gone inside first into the carriage, which I knew was pulled by a thestral even though I couldn't see it.

I waved goodbye to my friends, only except Draco. I still feel like I don't want to talk to him, nor approach him. I don't want to have my attention on him, for I knew it'll just hurt me upon seeing how unhappy he was.

Narcissa and I turned our backs, heading to the carriage that was pulled by a thestral. I have let my Mother-in-law go inside first before me, but before I could even enter, I heard my name being called.

My eyes turned in that direction and I was met by his sudden hug.

I have been needing this. I missed this warm hug from him. I miss everything about him, especially the scent that had made me melt several times.

But there was an urge that I should push him before I could even melt away from this feeling and then pain me again at the end.

Draco, please...you're making this hard for me.

"I'll come back for you, I promise." He mumbled, only the two of us could hear. "I promise that we'll start afresh once I come back."

Should I hug him back? Should I speak to him?

No.

He slowly pulled away and looked down at me whilst cupping my cheek. Then, he planted a soft kiss on my forehead, which I didn't expect he would.

This is just hard.

"Draco, we should leave now. We might not catch the train," Told her mother.

He looked at his mother and smiled, giving her a nod.

"I guess you should go inside now," He smiled softly at me. "I'll see you back there."

I just nodded, not knowing what to say to him. I just couldn't.

I went up to the carriage and the thestral started with its pace.

My gaze never left him. My friends and brother have already gone back inside, except for him.

He stood there, watching us until he became a small dot from my sight.

"Draco is sincere about his feelings towards you," I heard my Mother-in-law say, causing me to look at her, who has a soft smile on her lips. "He had written to me several times, asking me why he couldn't stop thinking about you, let alone care for you."

"Narcissa, I think-"

"Mother. You may call me your mother, Y/n." She smiled. "I have always seen you as my daughter, Y/n. On the very first day when I met you, I have a huge feeling that we'll get along and I feel like my wish for having a daughter has been granted."

I smiled at the thought of calling her mother, but...what if Draco and I broke our marriage...?

I think it'll just disappoint her.

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

We have arrived at the Manor.

Aerin has been helping me get my things settled, placing all my things to where they should be placed.

Upon opening my maroon-coloured suitcase on the floor, I found the small white leather box that has a golden cursive word, saying "Smith's".

The Necklace he gave me last Christmas.

I opened the box and revealed the beautiful gold necklace that has diamonds and one flower on it.

"That's a beautiful necklace, Ma'am." She said.

"It is," A faint smile appeared on my lips.

"Aerin may ask, has the young Miss tried it on?" She asked.

I lightly shook my head, my eyes never parted from the necklace.

"Does Y/n want to try it on?"

I sighed and closed the necklace's leather box. "Best if not."

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

Afternoon came forth to the Estate of the Malfoys.

The garden that was owned by Narcissa, whom I now call my Mother, has its own set of Flowers. Some are bushes, trees, and some are in the pots.

This is where the wedding was held, but, just now I noticed how beautiful this garden was.

It has also stoned benches like it's from the period of Romeo and Juliet or the Regency Era, where Queen Charlotte was still in her reign.

There was also a pond. It was not too big, nor small, just the exact.

On its shore was not a stoned bench, but a wooden one under a tree that seems to be a Willow Tree.

The tone of the sunlight was warm, even when the light has struck my skin.

Off I went to the wooden bench and sat down, admiring the lake as it glistened from the Sunlight.

It is a good thing that my Father-in-law and the Dark Lord was nowhere to be seen around the Manor including the other members, the death eaters, for they have gone somewhere, told by Mother.

I do not have an extreme interest in where they could be, but I have a huge feeling about...where they have gone. It just doesn't seem right, nor feel right.

"Y/n!" I heard my name being called by Mother. "Come, I have prepared something to eat." She gave out the sweetest smile.

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

The clock has struck 12 and I was not able to get any sleep.

It frustrates me...The thought of the Death Eaters, being gone in the Manor, has been making me worry. It feels like something bad had happened...

What if- No, it is impossible. They couldn't go into Hogwarts without the Fixed Vanishing Cabinet, wouldn't they?

My mind was clouded, not only the thought of the Death Eaters being away but also the thought of how Draco is making it hard to let me part ways with him and also the thought of losing an unexpected child.

These thoughts made me weak for Merlin knows how many days.

It all started when I was confused about my own feelings and the thought about the Death Eaters.

But thinking about these thoughts has finally made me tired, and my eyes finally shut, asleep.