Chapter 11

Earlier this morning, the Slytherins lost in the game of Quidditch against Gryffindors. It made them really mad and frustrated. I could even feel how frustrated they are whilst they sat down in the common room, ranting about their defeat.

So, I escaped the tension. I escaped from the room to avoid hearing more of their rants. It's just that....they just couldn't accept their own defeat. Well, I have already accepted my own defeat that I'm going to carry in a long way. It may be forever, or not.

I thought about it, the divorce, that my brother suggested, over and over, every night whenever I'm going to sleep, and it literally kept me wide awake until the clock strikes twelve.

My eyes glanced at the window as I walk through the hallway. The hallway was lighted by the torches that were attached to its walls. The orange light gives warmth to the eyes even though it was a bit chilly.

Snow began to fall in the dark evening of October. It was far too early for the snow to come when it usually comes around in the month of November here at Hogwarts.

I stopped by upon seeing the stairs that lead to the Astronomy Tower.

I thought maybe it would be nice to stay there and enjoy the view for a while, so I made my way to the top.

As I got to my destination, I saw someone standing close to the railing with his hands rested on it as he looked down on the black lake.

I do not know who it was since it was a bit dark from here and there's no moon to give light in this tower.

As I quietly got closer to the man, I first noticed his hair. Platinum Blonde and was styled in perfection. A tall figure man whose shoulder is broad, making him look classy in his black suit. And soon I realized who it was...Draco Malfoy.

I turned my back when I'm still meters away from him and took my chance to leave quietly from the tower.

"I know you're there, Y/n." He said in his usual cold voice that gives me chills on my skin.

I turned around to him and sighed.

"I didn't know you're here," I told.

He didn't respond. He just glanced out of the tall window, looking down from the tower.

His back was facing me, but I could hint that he feels dreary. Somehow, I knew what might be the reason. He must've felt like a complete failure upon fixing the Vanishing cabinet many times but in the end, he still failed.

"You know..." I began. "If you're thinking of jumping off this tower, you still couldn't save your family."

He looked over his shoulder with a frown on his lips.

"Suicide has crossed my mind too, but I realized that it'll just make everything worst, even when we have left this world we would still feel heavy on our backs and hands," I added.

-Draco's POV-

"Suicide has crossed my mind too, but I realized that it'll just make everything worst, even when we have left this world we would still feel heavy on our backs and hands." She told as her breath escaped her mouth, forming into a mist of clouds.

"Suicide has crossed her mind before? Was it because of me?" I asked inside my thoughts.

I have been treating her like a little weak sapling that could easily be ranged at, but now I know that deep inside of her, she tried to be brave. She tried to live for her family.

I turned around to look at her.

A soft small smile was plastered on her lips, her eyes are looking directly at me. I know behind those eyes she's scared of the world she has entered upon marrying me. I know it is hidden somewhere behind those smiles, she's just too good to hide it.

"I guess I should leave," she said in her awkward voice, pointing at the stairway with her thumb and walked away.

I wanted her to stay but I don't have the guts to tell her so.

There is something about her that makes me feel different. She made me feel like I'm important in human existence.

To be honest, only her would make me feel like this.

Should I go after her for her to stay with me? Maybe...not.

-Y/n's POV-

I walked down the stairs, letting out a sigh of relief.

I got scared back there. I thought he would attempt to hurt me again.

I didn't know why I have the guts to speak like I know him or like we're close. I have never spoken to him like that before, but why does it feel good? Why did I suddenly become so nice towards him?

My thoughts were jumbled up that it made it difficult for me to process everything in my mind. So I sat down at the end step of the stair and sighed as a cloud of mist escaped my mouth.

"Y/n!"

I lifted my head, looking at the boy who is approaching me, Michael.

"Did you get annoyed by their rants?" He chuckled and sat down beside me.

I sighed and smiled, "Yeah, are they done complaining about their defeat?"

"They are," he said as a cloud of breath escaped his mouth. "We should head back, it's already getting late." He stood up from the step and motioned his hand in front of me, allowing himself to help me as I looked upon him.

-Draco's POV-

I changed my mind, so I turned my way down the tower going after her, but as I got down, I saw her sitting at the end step of the stairway, looking at Michael whilst his hand is reaching for her.

It left me stunned.

I felt pain inside my chest.

The air that surrounds me felt colder than it was.

Am I jealous of my own cousin? Is she falling for him instead of her own husband?

The pain just grew like something has pierced inside my chest. I feel miserable. Maybe I would feel like hell if I saw Michael kissing her on the lips.

I saw her smile from the corner of her lips and lifted her hand, placing it on Michael's.

It only led me to feel this unexplainable feeling, so I turned my back at them and walked back up to the tower.