Chapter 61

A cold winter morning greeted the Malfoy Manor.

Christmas Eve will be coming as soon as the clock strikes 12 at midnight. Christmas decorations were already decorated inside the Manor and gave the Manor more homy than it was.

Draco was the only person who occupied my mind while I was lying down on my bed and staring at the ceiling, waiting for someone to snap me out.

He had already talked to me, well, that was like last month, but I didn't give him the chance to be heard, for he did the same to me when I wanted to prove that my heart only belongs to his. And yet, he doubts my loyalty. He doubts every movement or gesture I make with Michael.

Many say that Christmas is the day where many had reconciled to the people that they are not on good terms with. But that was too hazy for us to happen, I think.

"Miss?" The door creaked open. "Aerin has to ask why is the young miss is upset about?" She closed the door, made her way here, and sat down on the side of my bed. "Are you not well? Whatever condition you may have been feeling, ma'am, you may tell Aerin."

I sat up from the bed, resting my back against the headboard with a pillow on it.

Aerin has been a friend of mine, I never treated her like a slave. She always tends to my needs and listens to my problems.

I bit my lower lip and played with the nails of my fingers while my eyes were laid upon them. I was unsure of how or where to begin. My mind was all puzzled like I was lost in a dark forest, however, I started with a question.

"When a person loves someone, but that someone is the person she despises or doesn't want to talk to? Was that still love? Would their love be united as one? Or was it complicated?"

Aerin smiled softly and spoke, "Aerin has never been in love, but I'll share with you my knowledge about it, ma'am."

I nodded, smiling at her.

"Aerin has been told that fate has its own ways, especially in guiding a feeling. A feeling that we call "love". Love may have complications, but it depends on both partners' decisions or depends on the situation they are in. They may choose to end their bond or they may continue or start." She smiled. "Aerin was also told that couples who choose to continue means that their love is strong and unbreakable. If their love was unbreakable, it means fate has accomplished its goal."

Hearing those words has enlightened me. It had given me hope.

It may have given me hope...but...what about the person I love? What if he pushes me away? What if he no longer claims my love?

"Miss, Aerin must say that you must reconcile with the young master. He is desperate to speak to you. He is in much in need of your presence." She stated.

I have said earlier that Christmas was the day that many reconciled with the people who are on unpleasant terms with other people.

Perhaps, this should be the day for me to yield my anger and give way to the feelings that we once shared.

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

A Christmas Eve Party was held in the Manor, despite all the situation we are in right now, and only families who are Pure-blooded are the ones invited, especially to the people, who are sorted into Slytherins. Many of the Death Eaters, including the Dark Lord, has gone away and has not the faintest idea that a party was being held.

My Mother-in-law and Father-in-law are greeting the guests from their arrival. Michael's Father, Rodolphus Lestrange, was busy introducing Michael to ladies of my age, finding a suitable young lady for his one and only son. Me, however, was left alone in the corner, no one to talk to and drinking champagne while wearing a black long-sleeved dress with the necklace he had gifted me last Christmas. Aerin had made me wear it while she was helping me get ready.