Chapter 16

Christmas break went by, fast, and the beginning week of January came.

Students were flocking outside the grounds and talking about their holidays.

I made my way down to the main door of the Castle to greet Daphne and Luna upon their return. Then I found them on their way to the door.

"Y/n!" Daphne shouted while Luna waved at me with her hand up in the air.

I ran and spread my arms widely as I got near them and hugged them.

"How's your Christmas break?" Luna asked as we pulled away from the hug.

"Nothing special actually. It's a bit boring, still receiving those stupid letters, but Michael was able to keep me company though." I smiled then my eyes laid on my brother, seeing him entering the gateway arch.

My lips pulled up into a wide grin, happy to see my brother, William.

William's eyes found mine and a wide grin was placed on his lips.

I ran to him and hugged him tightly.

He hugged back too and said, "Did you miss me that badly?"

I looked up to him and spoke, "Why? Is it bad to miss my brother?" I frowned, furrowing my brows.

"No, but you know, I miss you too." He chuckled, messing with my hair.

"Stop," I complained, removing his hand from my hair.

He chuckled again, "Come on, let's get inside. I have your gift here from Mama."

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎︎

Daphne, Luna and I went to the shore of the black lake to take a walk and talk about the things that we did during Christmas Break.

Our surroundings were still filled with white puffy looking snow. We are not the only ones here, there are also other students strolling around, loitering and trying to skate on the iced black lake.

"Astoria just pranked me by giving me a picture of Professor Lockhart as a gift. She knows how much I hated that Professor." Daphne complained.

"But you love her," chuckled Luna. "Your sister."

"I love and hate her, that's just how our relationship is." She chuckled too.

Luna and Daph talked about Astoria.

I did listen to them but their voices went blurry or became echoes in my ears as my mind got occupied, recalling that Christmas Morning. The day when I stood here at the exact spot where he held my hand. It's like the time has stopped as our eyes were locked like admiring each other's eyes. I couldn't deny that I find his eyes beautiful and I feel like I could get lost to it only by looking at it.

"Y/n?" I felt a hand touch my shoulder.

I turned my head around and saw Luna was the one holding my shoulder and both of them looked concerned.

"You seem like your mind got preoccupied again." Luna smiled in the gentlest way.

"Are you alright?" Asked Daphne.

"Y...Yeah." I chuckled a bit. "I just got zoned out thinking about my Mama." Lie, a complete lie.

"You sure?" Daphne wanted to make sure.

I nodded in reply.

"Just tell us if you feel uneasy, alright?" Told Luna.

"Yeah, of course." I smiled.

"Oh, Y/n, guess what?" Daphne smirked as if she had won a bet. "Astoria said she has moved on from your..." she pulled me close and leaned closer to my ear. "Husband," she whispered and pulled away. "Said she's dating someone from Hufflepuff. I'm glad for her, of course, but mostly no one's going to take him from you."

Hearing those words made my heart just beat with ecstatic. I mean...what was the reason I'm feeling this? It's like it just gave me hope or light. I didn't like it but at the same time like it? My heart liked it.

"He's with Parkinson, Daph," Luna uttered.

"Draco loves her too," I added, feeling a slight pain inside my chest which I couldn't identify what this feeling was. "And besides, I don't love him." A slight pain struck again.

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎︎

Evening came and all of the students already went to their slumbers.

I went out of my room, making my way to the Common Room. My eyes witnessed the Fireplace slowly go out of fire as it made the room gloomy and quiet.

I figured that the prefect have already gone back to his dorm. The prefect of Gryffindor, Ronald Weasley.

I went out of the Common Room and decided to take an evening stroll until I get tired.

My eyes wandered around the empty hallways. It wasn't dark like the common room. The Hallways were lit up with the torches on the wall. Then I reached the part of the hallway where it is only lighted by the moonlight. Its light shone to the ring that was on my necklace as the light bounces back to my face.

I stopped in front of the Male's comfort room and looked at the ring.

I just noticed now that the ring itself is beautiful with tiny diamonds, surrounding it. I used to hate it because it signifies that I won't be able to love someone whom I like. But now, I think it was quite the opposite.

I placed my necklace back inside my shirt and sighed. Then I heard someone's sob from the Male's comfort room.

Curious. I'm curious of who was crying inside, so I went in and didn't care if it's the Male's comfort room.

I slowly walked inside in case there are some other students inside, but no, I only found one person sitting on the floor and his back rested on the wall. His forehead was rested on the palm of his hand while his elbow was rested on his knee. His sleeve on his other arm was rolled up, showing his bleeding forearm.

"Draco?" I asked, worried about him.

"Stay away!" He rasped.

"But your arm, it's bleeding," I uttered.

"Just go." He demanded again yet I never listened.

I walked closer to him, kneeling in front of him and placed my hand on his cheek. My eyes caught his bleeding forearm that has his dark mark. Then there I knew he scratched it until it bleeds.

I felt his hand touch mine that was holding his cheek, causing my eyes to look back at him. He held my hand tightly.

He was still looking down as tears were falling down from his eyes.

I don't know what to do, but I placed my arm around his shoulder and hugged him as I my fingers ran through his hair. Then, he wrapped his arms around my waist, tightly, and rested his head on my shoulder.

He cried and cried...it broke me, truly.

I didn't care if blood has stained my clothes. I was focused on calming him down.

I felt the same warmth from the dream I had back then, his hug really felt comfortable like I didn't want to let go. I feel safe. It's like the dream just happened again.

But then, there it hit me. It wasn't a dream after all.