Chapter 5

It was the 3rd day of school and the evening sky has risen with its stars and moon.

I was at my study table, doing my homework and activities that should be done by next week so I don't have to worry about it later.

I checked on the brown clock in front of me and it's already 11:56 pm in the evening. I didn't even notice that it's almost midnight.

(Knock knock....) I heard someone knock on the door.

I wondered who would it be when everyone has already gone to sleep at this hour. So, I thought maybe it was my brother.

Then, the second knock was heard again.

I stood up from my chair, rushing to the door and hoping that it's my brother, but....it was not.

"Malfoy?" I questioned, not pleased that he came and would knock on the door at this very hour.

"You're a Malfoy too, Y/n. In case you forgot." He said in a monotone voice as he went inside my room without my permission.

"And why are you here?" I glared, crossing my arms on my chest.

"Are you not pleased to see your husband?" He smirked, looking and inspecting around my room as he walked to my desk and found my journal.

"Don't touch that!" I hissed when he was about to touch my journal on the table.

He looked at me, cold in the eyes, with a brow risen above his eye.

"And yes, I am not pleased to see you. I mean why would I want you to consider you as my husband. I barely know you." I raised my voice. "You really have the audacity to call yourself that."

The moment I told him those words, he suddenly placed his hand around my neck, feeling his cold silver rings on my skin as he pinned me on the wall, unable for me to breathe.

His eyes were dark and furious, his lips were put in a thin line, and his warm breath was slamming on my face.

I got terrified.

"Let go of me, Malfoy!" I spat, trying to remove his hand on my neck and gasping for air.

He squeezed my neck more, leaning closer to my ear, and whispered, "You shouldn't raise your own voice to your husband." He said in a husky voice, then he let my neck go, letting me fall onto the ground, coughing and gasping for air.

"Here," he threw a letter in front of me. "My father said that you should help me with the vanishing cabinet."

"No!" I answered immediately.

"You don't have a choice, Y/n. Your family's life is in the hands of the Dark Lord too, including yours."

"Does my family even know?" I coughed.

"No," he replied.

Upon hearing those words, I couldn't help but just....feel scared. I entered the life where I got involved in dark sorceries, especially when my parents and brother has no idea that they could get killed because of me.

"Do your obligations as my wife, Y/n." he looked down on me and left the room.

I thought I wouldn't be part of it. I thought they would just leave me alone.