Chapter 83

The day that Rose was excited about has come and Mr and Mrs Wright had already helped her bring her luggage into the car.

Rose was saying her goodbyes to her friends and the Headmistress, and of course, especially to her dearest friend creature, Y/n's pet, Daisy.

Daisy was whimpering, begging for Rose to stay, but Rose couldn't do anything. Her dreams are coming true and this is now her chance to get it.

Y/n kneeled down, meeting Rose's level and speaks, "Be a kind-hearted young girl as you are to Mr and Mrs Wright, Rose." She fixed little Rose's coat. "And do not forget to write to me." Then gave her a paper that has Y/n's address on it.

Rose smiled and nodded, then she walked closer to Draco, giving him one last hug before she leaves.

Draco gave her a pat and spoke, "We'll miss you, Rose. Don't forget to take care of yourself."

Rose nodded and waved him goodbye as she went to Mr and Mrs Wright.

The children, the headmistress, Mpho, Draco and Y/n waved goodbye to Rose as the Wright Family went inside the car.

It saddens Y/n because Rose was a dearest friend to her but at the same time, she's happy that Rose was able to have a family.

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

An owl lightly tapped its beak unto Y/n's bedroom window, causing her to winced and place the paint palette down to the table and wiped her hands on the apron. Then she opened the door, letting the owl rest on the window sill and giving the letter to Y/n.

The owl was her parent's owl, Elias.

"Good afternoon, Elias." She greeted and handed the letter that she had written for her family. Then Elias flew away, leaving Y/n in the room.

She took the letter opener from her desk and opened the letter.

She expected that the letter was from her parents and brother, but it was only from her mother. This never happened before, it would always be the three of them in one letter, sent by her parent's owl.

She quickly unfolded the letter and read.

Dear Y/n,

It has been months since you have been staying there in Malsbury Town. I miss you a lot. I do hope that you could come home soon whenever you like.

However, there is something you ought to know and that is the very reason why I have written to you. Y/n, dear, before I could tell you everything, please do not hate me or your father and brother because the actions that were done 3 months ago was not in our hands.

To start...you have been arranged to marry the only son of the Malfoys, Draco. Your wedding was held in August of 1996. You were married because of his and your grandfathers' promises. However, your marriage ended 5 months ago because your father found out that the Dark Lord has been staying with the Malfoys, so he is the one who arranged the divorce papers and has taken you back home to us. For weeks, you have been locking yourself up in your bedroom, crying in misery, for you didn't want to be separated from Draco. It is because you love him.

But...

What wounded your heart more is when you had your miscarriage. You badly wanted to keep your and Draco's child but it was already too late. So, it has pushed you to forget everything that had hurt you and you requested us to be obliviated.

Ever since Draco had come to see you 3 months ago, I knew I have to tell everything to you because it made me feel guilty.

William has told me that Draco is with you, in your cottage. Draco and he have been writing to each other, telling each other about your condition and if you have gotten your memory back. However, you have not so now is the right time for me to tell you everything to help your memory come back.

I'm sorry for telling you just now, my dear.

Sincerely yours,
Your Mother

She placed the paper down with shock in her eyes. She was bewildered by her mother's letters and the fact that the girl in Draco's stories was her. It was her for the whole time. But she still doubts it.

"I'm back!" Draco yelled, closing the door of the cottage.

Draco never got any reply from her. So, he went to check if she was in her room and she was.

He found her staring blankly through the window and was holding a letter, which he identified that may be the reason why she was in the state of bewilderedness.

"Y/n?" He called, causing her to flicker her eyes and look at Draco. "Are you alright?" He asked.

"The girl..." She blurted, her voice laced with disbelief. "The girl you were talking about..." She continued. "Was it me?"

Draco felt hope run through each of his veins. He thought she finally remembered, but he wasn't sure and so, he asked her.

"Do you remember now?" Draco stared at her dark chocolate eyes, hoping that she would say yes. However, the devastation was the feeling he received.

"No..." she replied. "It says here in the letter... from my mother..." Her voice started to break down, but she fought this feeling back. "Draco, tell me it wasn't true..." She wasn't convinced by her mother's letter.

"Y/n," He uttered. "Please do not get mad-"

"Why?" She blurted.

"Because it—"

"Draco, please tell me it isn't—"

"Y/n, it's you." He exclaimed.

She froze. No words managed escape her mouth.

"Please, believe me, Y/n." Draco pleaded.

Silence uttered upon them.

Draco's emotions were mixed. He hoped that she was able to remember everything, he hoped that this day won't disappoint, but when she spoke, he doesn't know what to feel.

"I...I need time to think of it, to process everything." She looked down. "Excuse me." And there she walked off, leaving Draco in the cottage to take the fresh breeze of the sea.