Chapter 7

-Y/n's POV-

It was a cold day since winter is already coming up and today is the Quidditch Practice of the Gryffindors at the Quidditch Field.

Me and Luna planned on watching it so that I could get a chance to sketch the castle from here.

Daphne, on the other hand, said that she couldn't join with us, for she has been asked on a date at Hogsmeade by a Ravenclaw.

I walked up to the stairs, going up to the bleachers, and walked to Luna, sitting next to her.

I opened my sketchbook and started sketching instead of paying attention to the practice because in my opinion, I like it when the real game has started.

"Isn't that Cormac looking at you?" Luna leaned closer while looking at Cormac.

"What?" I said, lifting my head up from my sketchbook and looking at Cormac, who is smiling in our direction. "Luna, he's looking at Hermione, not me." I giggled.

"Oh, my bad." She chuckled.

Then, an owl came to us with a letter on its claw. It handed me the letter with a yellow wax stamp on it.

"Who was it from?" Asked Luna, curiously looking at the letter in my hands.

"There's no name on it, it's just addressed to me," I said, searching the letter for the name. "Must be from a Hufflepuff, I suppose." I shrugged, opening the letter and taking a paper out that contains these words:

"Don't go near Michael Lestrange!"

That was it. No name or initials was placed on it, but I can tell it is written by a boy.

"This is nonsense." I scoffed, crumpling the paper. "Michael is a nice man, why wouldn't I go near him?" I was about to toss the crumpled paper on the ground when Luna suddenly stopped me.

"Wait, don't throw it yet." She blurted.

I put my hand down and opened the crumpled paper.

"We can find whoever wrote that, and we can find him by comparing his handwriting to some Hufflepuff Students, or perhaps he isn't one." She explained.

She's quite right. This letter could be a good thing to find out who gave me this nonsense.

"I think I should go and find Michael. Maybe he'll help. Do you want to come?" I told, while fixing my things.

"You go ahead, I'll stay here for a while."

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎︎

As I was heading back to the common room alone, I felt like I was being followed or watched.

I turned my head to look at the back, but no one seems to be following me. I looked back at the front as I continued to walk, then again I heard footsteps behind me, so I walked faster and turned to the left hallway and I bumped myself to someone, causing my fall.

"God, I'm so sorry. Are you alright?" He said in his concerned voice, helping me get up from the floor.

"Oh, Michael...." I stood up. "Yeah, I'm alright. It's my fault that I'm not looking on my way." I stated, cleaning my robe from the dust. "I'm sorry."

"It's alright." He smiled. "But why are walking so fast anyway?"

I motioned my hand for him to lean closer and he did. I raised my heel up to get closer to his ear.

"I feel like someone's following me?" I whispered, then lowered my heel down.

"What?" He turned his head around, looking at behind me then turned back to me. "But there seems to be no one."

"I know, it feels odd." I fretted.

"Let's just go back to the common room so you won't feel scared."

I nodded in reply.

We both walked back to the Common Room, and I spoke the password on the door as it let us inside.

Then, there I found Malfoy and his group, but the only people who's not there is Pucey and Nott. Malfoy was glaring at us when we came in.

Though, I thought that the person that was following me would be Malfoy since I find him rather harsh at me and creepy, I figured that the person who might be following me earlier is the one who gave me the letter.

We sat down by the armchairs near the window.

I saw the way he glared at us. It was like he's angry or in some way like that.

"Don't mind my cousin. He's just like that." Michael uttered.

"It's alright, I'm quite used to it." I sighed. "But I want you to see this." I took the crumpled paper out of my pocket then gave it to him.

He took it and read what was written.

"I think it's from a Hufflepuff. A guy. And I think he's the one who was following me earlier. I do not know why would he say such a thing." I told.

"The handwriting was a bit familiar. I feel like I have seen it before."

"Really? Could you remember who was it from?" I was eager to know.

"I'm sorry, but I couldn't remember who." He sighed, giving me the letter back. "However, I could help you find out about it I may have some friends in the House of Hufflepuff."

"Really?!" I beamed.

"Yes, I would gladly help you." He smiled.

"Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you." I suddenly wrapped my hands around his hand. "Oh, I'm sorry." I let his hand go, clearing my throat.

Then my brother came and looked at Michael, looking at him like he's a guy who is trying to flirt with me.

"Who are you?" William glared up and down.

"And who are you?" Michael did the same.

"I asked you first, and are you trying to flirt with my sister?"

"Your sister?" Michael looked at me, confusedly and found me snickering behind them as I watched them.

"Y/n, this is not the time to laugh. Come on, before this man tries to flirt with you." William retorted and grabbed my wrist, pulling me away from him.

"William, brother, he's not flirting with me. He's my friend." I chuckled. "And he's trying to help me with something."

"With what?" he questioned, still unconvinced.

I handed him the letter, and he read it with his eyes.

"Oh, so you're Michael." He looked at Michael.

"Yes, that is correct," Michael replied.

"And you are her cousin-in-"

"Yes, yes, William. You don't need to say it." I cut him off before he could cause rumours.