Chapter 68

A/n: This chapter may be short.

——*☁︎︎☾☁︎︎*——

-Y/n's POV-

Michael spent his last week with me for an hour or two. Draco allowed me to hang out with him because he believed in me and trusted me, and he knew that it is Michael's last week of staying here.

Draco, however, was still thinking if he should forgive him for what he had done. And I was beginning to think that he might not forgive him. He did persuade me to talk to him, but I think he does hold a grudge towards his cousin.

Today, was the day. The day that Michael and Mr Lestrange, his father, are leaving for Massachusetts. It was truly sad that this has come and if only I could stop the time, maybe I could still make up for the time I missed spending time with him when we were not on good terms.

Mr Lestrange has headed out of the house to wait for Michael, who is saying his goodbyes to me in the entrance hall of the manor.

"So, I guess this is it." He smiled.

My lips started to quiver, knowing that I will be missing him. I walked closer to him and gave him one last hug that he deserves.

"Are you crying?" He chuckled, patting my head.

"Can't a friend cry over a friend who is leaving?" I sobbed. "You know that I won't be able to see you for years."

"Hey, I'll still visit and come back here?" He told as I pulled away from our embrace.

"I'll make sure that you'll be the godfather for my first child." I giggled, wiping the tears off my cheek.

"Are you pregnant?"

"What? No." I exclaimed, laughing. "But when Draco and I will be at the right age for sure."

"Then I'll be that child's godparent then." He smiled.

Michael looked up at the stairs and I knew he was hoping that Draco would come and see him leave for the United States even though Draco could not forgive him. He sighed, knowing that he won't come down.

"It's really nice to have a friend like you." He stated.

"Me too." I smiled.

We heard footsteps coming by and Michael was astonished by the sight in front of him, which also surprised me when I turned my head around to look who it was.

Draco.

"You sure that you're leaving without seeing your only cousin?" Draco smirked.

"Guess you're happy that I'm leaving." Michael joked.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." Draco stood beside me and gave me the chance to hit his waist with my elbow. "I was only joking." He told me, then turned his eyes back to Michael. "I believe that we should put our bitterness towards each other down." Draco lifted his hand, offering Michael a handshake.

Michael grinned and spoke, "We should." He lifted his hand and shook Draco's hand as a form of a reconciliation of their friendship.

"Have a safe trip, both of you." Said Draco.

"We will. Thank you," Michael uttered.

"Michael!" His father called for him, who had walked in. "We should best be leaving now."

"That's the queue." He chuckled. "I'll see you soon."

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

It has been days since Michael left with his Father and I was folding the letter I wrote for him. Although, this letter won't be using an owl to be sent to the United States. The letter will be sent by using what muggles use, delivering the letter with the use of an aeroplane. I heard Michael and his father are living in the muggle world instead of the wizarding world there. Also, I wrote to him that he should be sending me a letter on the address that I wrote on the letter, an address of my aunt's house that is in the muggle world.

"You ready?" Draco knocked on the wall whilst leaning against the doorframe, wearing clothes that is very unusual for him to wear, brown trousers and a white buttoned up shirt with its sleeves rolled up, covering half his arm.

I have asked for him to accompany me to the Post office in the Muggle World, so I could send this letter to Michael and he has agreed. He is the one who encouraged me to write him a letter. Also, I need to buy myself a wand since I gave mine to Harry to help them.

I turned my head to him and spoke.

"Yes," I smiled, standing up from the chair and walking to him.