Chapter 55

-Y/n's POV-

Lying down on my bed while the sun has already risen, saying it's morning greetings by illuminating my room.

The day I was not much looking forward has come. The day I turned 17.

I used to look forward to it, but now...everything has changed. I'm not at the place where I could run to the kitchen every morning and see Mama cooking our breakfast whilst Papa was sitting at the island table, drinking his coffee and reading the Daily Prophet. He would tell us with what he had read, can be either bad news or good news, but it was mostly good news.

An owl knocked on the window, bringing me my attention.

My head turned to the window as I sat up, noticing that the owl that I was very fond of was here, tapping its beak on my window early in the morning. Edmon, my brother's owl, was carrying a brown-coloured package, which I presume was heavy.

I slipped my feet off from the bed, pressing them on the cold floor, as I walked towards the window to open it for Edmon.

Edmon lowered down, dropping the package on the window seat, with a letter on its beak.

A smile crept up to my lips, knowing that this is a gift from my family.

"Good Morning, Edmon." I greeted, and he answered with a hoot, as I grabbed the letter on its beak and opened it.

Dearest Y/n,

We may not be around in your presence but we wanted to let you know that even though we are apart from you, our love will be always infinite for you. We care for you, dearest. You are free and welcome to come back home, especially when you needed the warm comforts that you always seek.

Today is the day you became 17, and we really wished we are with you today like we used to, perhaps maybe next time, it will happen. We promise you...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Y/N dear!
We Love You!

Sincerely yours,
Your Family

With a smile on my face, I opened the brown-coloured package, wrapped with a brown-coloured rope.

Inside was a book named "Wuthering Heights", a new set of pencils for sketching, and that one plush toy that I left back home. The grizzly brown bear that I love and cuddle whenever I feel lonely. I picked the bear up and wrapped my arms around it, smelling the scent of that one scent that made me feel nostalgic.

(Knock knock...)

The door opened and Aerin entered the room with a tray table floating and following her from behind.

"Good Morning, Aerin," I greeted.

"Good morning, Y/n. Aerin has come to bring you your breakfast as Mrs Malfoy requested." She smiled, brightly. "And Aerin also wanted to greet Y/n a Happy Birthday."

"Thank you, Aerin," I smiled at Aerin while she placed the tray table on my bed, above my legs.

"You're welcome, young missus." She told as she took the laundry basket from the bathroom. "Mrs Malfoy wants you to come down to the living room after you finished."

"Sure, I'll be there." I smiled.

"Very well then," she smiled too and left with the laundry basket.

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

I took one last glance at myself in the mirror, making sure I look prim so I wouldn't look like I wasn't proper enough in every person's eyes. My Mama taught me to be always prim, a lady with etiquette, but of course, not too much of elegance. My Mama taught me how to be a fine young lady.