birthday surprise | fluff (n.r.)

Summary: title pretty much sums it all up. Natasha surprising reader on their birthday.

Pairings: Natasha Romanoff x Reader (don't think I specified gender of reader)

Notes: This is the first one shot I've written in a few years. Also the first one that I've written for Natasha and within the Marvel fandom. Got lots of ideas so hoping to slowly get back into writing :)
————————————————————
You were woken by the sound of some sort of alarm going off. Living in the avengers compound it wasn't abnormal to wake up to the sounds of different alarms. However, when you notice a certain red head isn't in bed next to you, you notice that the alarm sounds an awful like the fire alarm. Shooting out of bed, you rush to the sound of the alarm and find Natasha in the kitchen.

'What are you doing Nat?' You question quite worried at the sight in front of you.

'Y/N!' Natasha jumped at the sound of your voice, 'I was, uh, trying to make cupcakes for my cupcake,"

Laughter erupted from you as you take it all in. Cupcakes lay burnt to the crisp on the bench in front of you while smoke poured out of the oven. Natasha looked embarrassed at the failure that laid in front of her. She may be highly trained and succeed in most aspects but baking just isn't one.

'I wanted to make up for having a mission the same day as your birthday,' You embraced Natasha in hopes that it would reassure her and lighten her mood.

'It's fine Natty. We can always spend the night together,' Natasha laughed as you wiggled your eyebrows suggestively.

Natasha gave you a gentle but passionate kiss before pulling herself away to clean up the mess before anyone else stumbles upon it.

'Don't worry detka, I'm not going to let you spend your birthday alone,' Natasha mumbled and as if on cue Yelena comes bounding into the kitchen. Where did she come from? Had Yelena been here the whole time? If so, why didn't she help Nat not nearly burn the compound down? I guess Yelena isn't any better at baking.

You were pulled from your thoughts and confusion when a firm hand landed on your shoulder.

'Happy birthday Y/N/N,' Yelena smirked as you rubbed the spot where her hand had left a burning sensation. Yelena put her hands up in defence and backed away once she saw the look Natasha gave her. If looks could kill Yelena would be six feet under.

'You better be ready I have so much planned,' You raised your eyebrow at Yelena.

'Isn't it meant to be my birthday?'

'And I'm giving you the one thing you want the most. I'm going to make all the decisions so you don't have to,'

'Do you have to leave? You can't leave me alone with Lena. Natty please,' You whined as you dramatically flung yourself into your favourite red heads arms.

'Sorry detka,' Natasha kissed you softly, 'I'll see you tonight.'

And with that Natasha had left for her mission. Most importantly she had left you alone with Yelena. You never knew which version of the pocket loving assassin you were going to get.

'We're not going vest shopping, right?' You groaned as Yelena lit up at the suggestion and followed her out of the compound.
————————————————————
'You got out of there without spilling the secret?' Wanda asked as Natasha hopped in the car.

'Slightly offended you just asked me that. I'm worried Yelena will. I love my sister, but she sure can run her mouth,' Both girls laughed. Natasha felt guilty for lying about being on a mission. But she knew as soon as she got to see the light in your eyes and the smile she's fallen head over heels for, she wouldn't feel the guilt anymore.

It was true. For someone so highly trained you'd think she would be able to keep secrets and not let anything spill. But since gaining her freedom from the Red Room Yelena just gets too excited and needs to tell everyone everything. 

'Nat you're finally here!' Tony yelled excitedly as he swung an arm around Natasha.

'Seems like the party's already started,' Natasha smirked while shrugging Tony off her shoulders.

'Couldn't stop him from having pre drinks. Apparently, it's never too early for the party,' Steve came up behind Tony and helped him back inside the cabin.

Natasha had convinced Tony to let her use his cabin to hold the surprise party for you. Only condition was that no one was allowed to monitor Tony's drinking. Natasha picturing the happiness and smile spread across your face was enough for her to agree.
————————————————————
'Do you even know where you're going?' You laughed out as you watched Yelena drive the same block and screaming the same song for over an hour now. You were correct in which version of your pocket loving friend you were going to get. Pure chaos can describe how the day has been going.

'Patience Y/N/N,' Yelena shushed you, dragging her hand over your face, 'We'll be there soon.'

'And by soon you mean after another couple of laps of the same block?'

You wished Natasha could've spent the day with you, but her replacement was doing a pretty good job at keeping you entertained. At least it killed time while Natasha was on her mission. You knew without Yelena's company you would've worried the whole day. You wanted your Natasha to come back in one piece and fall into her arms knowing she's safe.

Yelena's phone suddenly going off alerted you out of your thoughts and back to reality with Yelena. What piqued your interest was how fast Yelena hid her phone from your view. She sure was bad at hiding things from you but you didn't feel like questioning the blonde today.

'Here, put this one,' Yelena had pulled over and was now handing you a blindfold. You shot her a confused look, 'Just do it. I told you I have things planned and once you cooperate things can start moving,'

You put the blindfold on not questioning Yelena further. Even though you haven't known her long, you could trust your girlfriend's sister. Time felt like it was moving slowly until you felt the car stop and your car door open. Yelena helped you out of the car, carefully guiding you towards the cabin.

'Are you planning on killing me?' You joked due to the current situation, 'I thought you'd have the decency to at least-'

'If you keep talking I just might,' Yelena cut you off just wanting you to be quiet so she could focus on making sure you didn't fall. Yelena knew she wouldn't hear the end of it from her older sister if something happened to you while under her care.

'You can take off the blindfold,' Yelena whispered from behind you after she led you up some stairs.

'SURPRISE!!' You heard the team yell as they jumped out of their hiding spots while you took off the blindfold.

You scanned the crowd as they started saying happy birthday to you, but everything felt like it had gone quiet once your eyes connected with the green eyes you'd fallen in love with.

"Happy birthday detka,' Natasha took you into her embrace amused by your expression.

'Did you organise this?' A wide smile spread across your lips and tears pooled in your eyes as Natasha nodded shyly, 'thank you so much Tasha. This is the nicest thing anyone has done for me!' Overwhelmed with emotion you grabbed the back of Natasha's head and pulled her into a deep passionate kiss.

You couldn't believe it. Natasha was right in front of you. The entire cabin was decorated so carefully and beautifully. And you were surrounded by everyone who you consider to be family.