charlie | fluff (w.m.)

Summary: An aquarium date leads to Wanda's newest comfort for when you're gone

Notes: this is in the same universe as Control Your Fear (same emo!wanda x widow!reader pairing)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚:

'Y/N, where are you going?' You jumped at the sound of Natasha's voice. You were lost in your thoughts while getting ready for the day. Finally you and Wanda were getting to go on your first date. One you both had been planning for a few weeks but due to missions it was hard to find some time to yourselves.

'Oh just out with Wands,' since you were both the same age no one, especially Natasha, questioned why you were both always together.

'You and Wanda seem to spend a lot of time together. I'm glad you both are such great friends,' Distracted trying to make sure your hair was sitting right, you missed the way Natasha had drawn out the word 'friends'.

You smiled in the mirror, finally happy with how you were looking, 'I think Wands might be my best friend-,'

'And I'm not?' Pietro faked an offended expression while you were surprised. Honestly you should be used to him just appearing out of nowhere. Still you were surprised every time.

'Where did you come from?' Natasha laughed at Pietro's antics, shaking her head before leaving you to go train.

'I thought I was your best friend,' Pietro threw his arm around your shoulders and you both walked down the hallway, you on your way to Wanda's room and Pietro most likely on his way to the kitchen. You could never understand how he eats so much but at least you always knew where to find him.

'I can have two best friends?' You suggested. You really did see the twins as your best friends. It was refreshing having them around. While you loved everyone on the team, you loved having people the same age as you around the compound. Wanda and Pietro had more experience in life outside of training, fighting and missions. Since knowing them you have experienced things you never thought you would. But you'd never admit to Pietro that you'd put Wanda before him if you really had to choose.

'Nope just me,' Wanda's voice caught you by surprise. You turned your head to see her standing in her doorway, smirking at the two of you. Being the younger of the two, Wanda loved to mess with her brother. When you were getting to know the twins, they were always bickering and you asked Wanda about it. She said it was just something siblings did, something that you wouldn't understand .

That was the first time you saw Wanda's walls falter in front of you. You always wondered what it would be like to have a sibling. You'd grown up around other children but you could never consider any of them friends or sisters. They were an object just like you, something you couldn't let yourself get attached to. You remember that day as the first time Wanda comforted you, even if it was the bare minimum, she was the one to help you through those feelings.

Pietro shook his head, mumbling under his breath before he was gone and you were being pulled into Wanda's room. As soon as the door closed, your back was pressed against it. No time to react before Wanda's lips were on yours. Since confessing your feelings, you and Wanda would sneak small kisses when you could, whenever you were away from anyone else.

You both wanted to explore your relationship without pressure from anyone else knowing. It was nice, being able to have these little moments with Wanda. No one else got to see this side to her, the side she reserved only for you, 'Have I told you how beautiful you are,' Wanda whispered when she pulled away, holding her hand where your jaw and neck meets.