control your fear | fluff (w.m.)

Summary: You treat Wanda and Pietro like they've always been a part of the team. Wanda can't help but fall for you
Notes: Request from tumblr
________________________________

'Oh I see, you're going to continue talking about them like they're not even here,' The team was taken back by your sarcastic remark. Everyone stopped talking and the attention was on you, what you would do or say next. The meeting started off fine until the team started to exclude Wanda and Pietro from any decisions that concerned them.

You didn't want to take part in that type of conversation. Occasionally you would glance over towards the twins and noticed Wanda's mood changed drastically. If looks could kill the entire team would've been 6 feet under almost instantly. You knew what it was like for others to talk about you in front of you like you weren't there. You knew what it was like to have others trying to decide what would be best for you without thinking to ask you.

The team called you 'mini widow'. Another prodigy, like Natasha, who managed to escape. Back before you were allowed to join the team, a conversation just like the one that was currently happening, happened to you. You remembered how Natasha spoke up for you and gave you the voice the others didn't let you have. Now you had the chance to stand up for Wanda and Pietro.

You rolled your eyes knowing that you wouldn't get through to them yet, 'You two follow me,' You stood up and walked out of the room. The rest of the day you showed them both around the compound and to their rooms. Pietro wasn't hard to break through. By the second day of getting to know them you both already had tons of inside jokes and made notes of where to take him and what foods he should try. Wanda on the other hand didn't let you in as easily. But you never gave up.

'Wands, you didn't come down for breakfast so I brought it up to you,' You appeared in Wanda's doorway holding a plate you had put aside for her before everyone else came down to eat, knowing there would be none left if you waited until after, 'What are we watching?' putting the food down you sat on her bed right next to her, your smile never faltering.

You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion when Wanda paused the movie and turned towards you, 'Why do you treat me like everyone else? You bring me breakfast every morning, you talk to me like you've known me for years, you're always watching movies with me and you always make sure to be close to me,' Wanda paused trying to collect her thoughts. You offered her a reassuring smile before she continued, 'Why aren't you scared of me like they all are?'

'I've been in your position. I was given a chance when I didn't think I deserved one. That chance, it saved me and I think that I was given that opportunity to help others see the good within themselves. Want to know what I discovered that I wish someone had told me?' Wanda nodded afraid that she would break if she spoke, 'You can't control their fear, only your own. While they may still be afraid of you nothing they say can influence how I feel,' You hesitantly wrapped your arms around Wanda, feeling her slowly relax in your embrace, 'There's plenty of good in you Wands,' You whispered in her ear before letting go. You shared a small smile before falling back into place next to each other on the bed with the movie continuing.

--------------------------------

'Wanda! Help!' You spotted her as she was making her way into the kitchen. Laughing every time you tried to grab an ice cream from the freezer and Pietro would appear out of nowhere to steal it. Wanda stopped Pietro from running circles around you while you tried to grab back your ice cream with just a glare. Pietro smirked and held up his hands not wanting to get on her bad side by messing with you. For the last few weeks you had been the topic of all of Wanda's conversations she had with him. Pietro had caught on and could see Wanda's growing crush, even if she couldn't see it herself.