did you mean it? | fluff (w.m.)

You couldn't help but toss and turn in your shared bed for what felt like hours. Looking next to you, Wanda laid there, peacefully sleeping. Not being able to fall asleep and not wanting to wake her, you quietly climbed out of bed. You didn't want to look at the time knowing not many hours had passed since you had gone to bed.

You couldn't get your thoughts to calm down, they had been racing all day. Replaying moments that had occurred the previous day and analysing each word and gesture that you and Wanda exchanged the day prior. Trying to look for any faults or any moment of doubt, any reason to not trust her. Even though you wanted to trust Wanda and her words, you were just surprised.

'You aren't going to kill me right?' You laughed out once Wanda put the blindfold on you and led you to her car.

'Oh I spent all these months integrating myself in your life just to kill you,' Wanda's voice was laced with sarcasm and you just knew she had rolled her eyes at your question, 'Just be quiet, you'll see when we get there,'

Not being able to see where you were going made the journey feel much longer than it was, but when you arrived and after Wanda led you by hand to the destination you couldn't stop looking around. In front of you was a small house, it needed work but it was surrounded by so much land you could just imagine how it would look in the future. Though you stopped yourself from thinking too far ahead, you didn't know if Wanda felt the same.

You had this future planned out and it heavily involved Wanda, but then you were scared that Wanda wouldn't feel the same way towards you, 'Do you like it?' Wanda whispered in your ear as she wrapped her arms around your waist, pulling you close.

'Wands, it's beautiful,' You were in awe wondering how she had even found this place, 'There's so much potential with this garden,' gardening is how you and Wanda became so close. You would grow the produce that Wanda would use to cook. Wanting to spend more time with each other Wanda would teach you bits about cooking and you would teach Wanda things about gardening. Though neither of you paid much attention to each other, more focused on your feelings for each other when you were together.

'That's why I found this place. A nice yard you can make your own. And that little paddock over there,' You looked to where Wanda was pointing, a small area of land that had the most beautiful trees, 'That would be the perfect place for a ceremony,' Your eyes widened with surprise, 'And over here on this tree we could build the best tree house for our children and watch them run around and have fun...' Wanda kept talking and you could feel the heat on your face. Wanda was talking about having a future with you.

'It's three in the morning...' You jumped when you felt Wanda's hand on your back as her voice brought you back to reality. Taking in your surroundings you didn't realise you had made it to the kitchen and were now sitting down with a hot mug in your hand.

'I couldn't sleep and I didn't want to wake you,' Wanda could sense you weren't in bed and came looking for you. She could tell your thoughts were racing, but she couldn't piece together why.

'You know I don't care right? You can always wake me, any time no matter what,' Wanda placed her hand on top of yours while she sat next to you, 'What's going on in that pretty head of yours?' You closed your eyes as you felt her place a small kiss on your temple.

'Those things you said yesterday...' You let out a shaky breath before continuing, 'Did you mean them?' Wanda was confused at first by what you meant but after some quick thinking she remembered it all. Since she had felt that way, about you and your future together, for a while it didn't feel like her words would be a big deal. Wanda failed to remember that it was the first time she had expressed just how serious she is about your relationship.

Wanda knew about your past and how people hadn't always treated you well, especially in past relationships. You were quick to open up to her about it, wanting Wanda to know what she was getting herself into. You weren't always the most secure within yourself and you tend to need more reassurance than most. Wanda was always so understanding and accommodating, not once did you ever feel like you were too much or a burden to her. She was different to everyone else, that's what made her special.

'Detka...' Wanda turned to look at you, brining the hand that was on yours up to cup your face, 'I mean all of what I said and so much more. All I see is a bright future with you, filled with so much laughter and amazing memories that we get to make together,' You searched Wanda's eyes and you could tell she was being 100% genuine with you, 'I never saw myself getting married, but with you I can imagine it minute by minute. I see mini me's and mini you's running around and causing all sorts of mischief together,' You both laughed together knowing that any children of yours would be a handful, 'I see all of this and so much more. The most important part is that I see myself having you by my side, forever and always,'

Wanda wiped the tears that had fallen from your eyes before leaning in to kiss you. The kiss held all of her feelings and passion towards you. There was no room to doubt that Wanda was lying or that she wasn't fully committed to your relationship. For once everything felt right. You were cared and loved for, just as much as you cared and loved her.

'There's no one else I'd rather have a future with,'