deserving | fluff + hurt/comfort (n.r.)

Growing up with the family you had wasn't easy. From a young age you were taught to repress your emotions and feelings. You never actually knew what love felt like, you definitely never received it from your parents. Once you had seen how your friends parents treated them you were envious. All you wanted was an ounce of affection from your parents, you thought there was something wrong with you. That you didn't deserve what the affection your friends had received. For the longest time you thought another person was incapable of loving you.

Until you met Natasha. Natasha was the complete opposite to your family. She was always there for you showing you that it was okay to feel, that your emotions are valid and deserve to be shown. Early on in your friendship with Natasha you had confided in her about your childhood and what your parents were like. Natasha, having had a similar upbringing in that sense, knew how hard it was going to be for you.

Natasha was lucky to have a great support system to help her unlearn what she had been taught. She was determined to be your support system, the family you never had. Natasha was going to help you learn that you are capable of love and happiness and that other people are capable of loving you. After all, Natasha loved you.

Natasha had done nothing wrong. Support and affection wasn't something you were familiar with so it would become overwhelming at times. Today was one of those days. One of those days where Natasha found you curled up in your bed trying to shut everything and everyone out. Natasha carefully peeled back enough of the blanket to be able to slip in behind you and hold you tightly against her.

'Go away Nat,' You tried to slip out of her grasp but she was stronger, 'I don't deserve this. I don't deserve everything you're doing for me,' Natasha sighed hearing you say this. Suddenly Natasha had moved you both so you were sitting up facing her.

Natasha took both of your hands in hers, 'You deserve everything I'm able to give you and so much more. I wish you could see what I see when I look at you,' She made sure you were looking at her as she continued, 'I understand how hard this must be for you, but I'm never going to leave. I'll be right here no matter how long because you are worth it. You are more than deserving of love and affection,' You were trying to hold back the tears from her words. You didn't believe any of it, but you were trying.

Natasha cupped your cheeks, gently wiping away the lone tears that fell, 'Let me love you, detka,'

You slightly nodded, enough for Natasha to catch. You wanted to be able to love Natasha. You wanted to be able to accept the love she was willing to give you. Despite everything you were taught, you were going to take a chance on love. You were going to take a chance on Natasha.

a/n: bit of a personal one but sorry for all the short imagines that'll be coming through! i'm finally getting around to updating my wattpad from my tumblr blurb events! <3