don't hide | fluff (n.r.)

Living with a skin condition wasn't the easiest thing. Especially when your condition is mostly unknown and rare. On a family vacation, you had been severely sunburnt, to the point patches of your skin never fully restored pigment. When your mum started noticing your skin condition she pulled you aside and taught you how to cover it up. Her intentions towards you may have started out as good, but they would end up becoming harmful over time.

As time went on you become more and more insecure over your condition. There wasn't a day you wouldn't cover it up in some way, whether it was with make up or long sleeves and pants. Only if you were alone would you let it be seen. You had always been taught to be ashamed and that others would treat you differently due to it.

Hiding was easy until you started dating Natasha. You were constantly worried she would find out and leave you as soon as she had the chance. Natasha noticed how you would withdraw and tense up whenever something more intimate started to be initiated. Natasha didn't want to pressure you into anything, thinking that you just mustn't be ready for that.

Though she became concerned when she would wake up at 5am with you already gone. Today you had thought Natasha was still asleep when you got up and went to get ready to train. It was already quite warm so you decided to wear a tank top letting your skin condition be shown thinking that no one else would be up.

Walking back through your shared bedroom you noticed Natasha was awake in bed watching you. Your eyes widened at the realisation at what you were wearing and that she would be able to see your biggest insecurity. You quickly rushed to grab your jumper.

'Please stop trying to hide them from me,' Natasha grabbed your arms, stopping you from putting your jumper back on.

'No, no one can see this part of me. Everyone prefers me without this on display,' You tried to break free from Natasha's grasp but she had a firm hold on you.

'Y/N/N listen to me,' Natasha held your hands tightly in her own, 'You are beautiful, with or without this condition. Though you shouldn't feel as though you have to hide this, from me or from anyone. I know I love you for everything you are and everything that makes you, you,' Natasha stopped to admire you, running her hands softly over your skin.

You smiled leaning into her touch, 'No one has ever treated me like you do,' These words broke Natasha's heart. To her you deserve nothing but happiness and kindness.

'You don't deserve to be made to feel ashamed for something like this. The only way I prefer you, is you to be happy,' Natasha made you happy. She made you feel safe, 'Now how about we have ice cream for breakfast and watch movies all day,' Before you could even respond Natasha had picked you up, carrying you back to your shared room, 'If anyone, team or not, has a problem or says something about this. You tell me and I'll sort it out for you,'