in your arms | fluff (n.r.)

Summary: Final exams have been stressing you out, luckily you have Natasha who will look after you even if you can't look after yourself
___________________
Natasha rolled over to your side of the bed, instantly waking up at the feeling of it being empty. Natasha's eyes shot open and looked around the room for you. In a panicked state Natasha quickly jumped out of bed and grabbed the gun she had hidden in case of an emergency.

Being an avenger, Natasha was always worried her past would catch up with her. She was fine with people coming after her but if they messed with you then they'd be facing Natasha's wrath.

Natasha was hesitant at first letting you in and her getting to know you. If anyone hurt you she would blame herself. Eventually you had wormed your way into Natasha's heart and as much as she tried to she couldn't push you away. The day you asked Natasha to be your girlfriend was the day you getting hurt became her biggest fear.

Now here she was at 3am, gun in hand because you weren't in bed with you. You were there when she went to sleep but now you're gone. The rational part in Natasha's brain telling her you were fine and that you're allowed to not stay in bed was being outweighed by the irrational part. When it came to you, it was like all of Natasha's training to stay calm and collected was gone.

Natasha slowly walked down the hallway, her footsteps light and silent just in case. Natasha was trying to find any evidence of you still being in the apartment. Movements became more panicked as Natasha moved around the apartment not finding any trace of you until she noticed your study light on.

Just to be safe Natasha, still in stealth mode, silently walked up to the door, opening it slowly. As soon as you came in to view Natasha lowered the gun, placing it down on a nearby table, and everything clicked.

You were in your final year of college, nearing your final exams. You had been going on to Natasha about how stressed you were. Natasha would always encourage you to take breaks and help distract you from being stressed. Though it didn't always work. You hadn't been sleeping well, or at all really, but you wouldn't let Natasha know.

Natasha would always make you come to bed with her, making sure you were taking all the rests that you needed. What she didn't know? You would wait for her to be asleep and then get back up to study more. Right before Natasha would wake up, you would sneak back to bed and pretend you had been there all night. Natasha was none the wiser, however, you were exhausted.

'Oh detka,' Natasha softened at the sight of you in front of her. Her panicked state completely gone and taken over by concern for you. You had passed out with your head face planted into your textbook. Your desk was a mess, basically a visual of how you feel displayed for Natasha.

Natasha quietly walked over to you, not wanting to wake you yet. She smiled sadly down towards your clearly worn out, exhausted figure. Natasha started to tidy up your desk around you. Taking out all of the mugs stained with coffee in an attempt to keep you awake during the long nights of studying. All your notes, textbooks and pens Natasha carefully and neatly placed.

'Malyshka, you have to wake up,' Natasha gently brushed the hair that had fallen out of your face as your eyes started to open.

'Nat-'

'Shh,' Natasha wrapped her arms around your body slowly lifting you up out of your chair. Natasha had decided to run you a nice warm bath filled to the top with bubbles. She helped you undress, leaving soft kisses across your shoulders and upper back, and into the bath. You felt the warmth surround your body, instantly relaxing. You didn't realise how tense you were.

Natasha left but quickly came back with a mug, fresh hot chocolate, your favourite warm drink to help you relax. Natasha knew exactly how to take care of you.

You handed the empty mug to Natasha and leaned your head back, closing your eyes and for the first time in weeks you let yourself relax. You let your mind drift away from the stress that the upcoming exams left you with. Natasha didn't have to ask how long you had this routine going for. She could tell it had been a while just by looking at how frail your body had become.

'Take me to bed, please Natty,' You voice was barely above a whisper but it was enough for Natasha to hear. You were instantly scooped up, placed in your favourite soft pj's and tucked into bed right beside your girlfriend.

'Everything will be okay, detka,' Natasha started softly whispering in your ear, 'You're doing so good with everything, but you need to take care of yourself. If not for yourself, then at least for me detka,'

'You help make the stress go away,' You mumbled softly, trying hard to keep your eyes open.

Natasha pulled you into her arms, your head tucked softly against her chest. Gentle hands stroking your back, soft kisses placed on your forehead and the lull of Natasha's heartbeat was enough to send you into a deep sleep. The first time you've been able to sleep that well in weeks.

'You're safe here in my arms, detka,'