all of my good days | fluff + light angst (n.r.)

'Two years this summer, can you believe it?' You laid against Natasha's front, her chest against your back. You were twirling your wedding ring around on your finger, smiling, you couldn't believe how lucky you were. How lucky that your life went the way it did. You had the girl of your dreams, your chosen family and a future to look forward to.

'I knew from the moment I met you that I was going to marry you, detka,' Natasha ran her fingers through your hair, placing a soft kiss to the top of your head. Your eyes closed, taking it all in. The comfort you got from Natasha's presence was always enough to make you feel safe.

It was your first day working at the compound. You were Bruce's assistant and would be staying in the compound since accommodation was one of the perks that came with this job. It was advertised as a grad level job, but you weren't a recent graduate. You had previously worked in another well known lab, though the scientist who you worked for and closely with was a known sleaze. Bruce was understanding and allowed you to apply and be considered, even though your skills and experience was already above the other candidates.

After several rounds of interviews you officially got the job and today was your first official day. You were quite nervous, but you had already met most of the avengers and they had welcomed you with open arms into their homes. It helped that Bruce had talked highly of you and reassured all of their concerns about you.

Steve and Tony agreed that you were just another nerd, like them, so they trusted you and Tony has already been trying to get you interested into mechanical engineering so he could steal you away from Bruce, already impressed with your intelligence. There was just one avenger you hadn't met yet, Natasha. She was currently on a long mission, due to come back at some stage today and you were nervous.

Some of the others had joked around and messed with your perception of Natasha before you had even met her. Saying that she was the most judgemental of the team and that you would have to work hard to get her approval. What you didn't know is that Natasha was already quite fond of you. She had kept in touch with Wanda, who would tell her more about you each day.

The thing that stood out the most to Natasha was that you fit in with the team almost instantly. Wanda told her how you would join in with the banter and when Natasha wasn't there they finally had someone else to keep them in line. How you would always help out in the kitchen at every meal you could, and you would try to help clean up but Wanda would have to use her magic to make sure you relaxed every now and then.

Some may say you were trying too hard to get them to like you, but they could tell how nervous you were and they appreciated the effort you put in. Normally Natasha would be weary of someone new in the compound but you, she was excited to finally meet.

'Ah Natasha. I'd like you to meet my new assistant, Y/N,' You looked up from what you were doing when you heard Bruce say your name. Your eyes connected with Natasha's and you could feel your heart start to race. You didn't know whether it was because you were terrified of making a terrible first impression or because she was even more beautiful than her photos.

'...Y/N?' You were shaken from your thoughts to find Natasha standing in front of you, waving her hand in front of your eyes, slight concern but mostly confusion etched across her features.

'Oh, hi. Natasha, right?' Natasha nodded as you held out your hand, which she took and instantly pulled you in for a hug. Your body was stiff in Natasha's embrace. Natasha wasn't offended, she knew she had that effect on people she had just met. Everyone knew her past and what she was capable of. Natasha smiled when she felt you wrap your arms around her. She didn't miss the way she felt your heartbeat increase and the deep breath you took as you laid your head on her shoulder. Natasha had a feeling you would give her a chance.