don't leave me alone | angst + fluff (n.r.)

In the time that you and Natasha had been dating, you had never had an argument. You were nervous for the first one to happen. In your past experiences they were always the worst ones. Though you felt differently towards Natasha then you have with anyone in your past. Natasha held a big spot in your heart and in your life, you couldn't imagine life without her.

Your first argument eventually came around. It was over something so small that shouldn't have been blown out as much as it was. Natasha had come home from a long day and instantly tripped over a small box that was placed by the front door. You had forgotten to move it but it seemed to be the thing that tipped Natasha over the edge.

You tried to apologise several times but Natasha was blinded by rage that she wasn't listening to you. Natasha was taking her pent up frustrations out on you. You stood in the middle of your apartment, tears falling down your face as you watched Natasha leave your apartment. Collapsing to the ground, your head in your hands, you couldn't help but feel upset with yourself. You didn't intend to leave the box in the way.

The moment Natasha left the apartment was on repeat in your mind. Afraid that she wouldn't come back and this would be the last time you see her. Losing Natasha was your biggest fear and now there was the possibility of actually losing her from your life. If only you had moved the box. If only you weren't stupid enough to leave it there. If only you were good enough for Natasha.

Your thoughts were spiralling out of control, you could feel yourself falling, not knowing if there was anyone to catch you at the end. Though you couldn't see it, Natasha was there, she was ready to catch you. Natasha had let herself calm down and returned to the apartment. Guilt washed over her as she saw your crumpled figure in the middle of the apartment.

Natasha rushed to pull you into her lap, holding your head against her chest. Your tears and breathing began to steady out as you listened to the familiar thump of her heart.

'I'm so sorry detka. I didn't mean to let my frustrations out on you,' Natasha kissed the top of your head while gently running her fingers through your hair, 'Why don't I go grab us some ice cream and we'll do whatever you want to. I want to make this right again. I only want to make you happy, I didn't mean to upset you,' Natasha moved you off her lap so she could get up to grab the ice cream.

'Don't leave me alone,' Your eyes blurred from the tears that started to fall harder again, you reached out searching for Natasha's arm to stop her from leaving you again.

'I won't,' Natasha wrapped her arms around you, holding you tightly against her, 'You hear this,' Natasha gently lowered your ear to her chest, 'It only beats for you,'