another year | fluff (n.r./w.m.)

this is a wandanat x reader fic! a birthday fic that i was asked to write for a friend's birthday! so just wandanat spending your birthday with you

____________________________

'Shh Nat, you're going to wake them before we've finished,' Natasha was adamant in helping Wanda make you a surprise breakfast for your birthday. Though it was supposed to be breakfast in bed, you were standing, mostly hidden in the hallway, watching your two goofball girlfriends make a mess in the kitchen.

'If you used your powers like I suggested, would there be a mess?' Natasha raised her eyebrow and threw a smirk in Wanda's direction before purposely throwing some flour towards the witch, 'Oh so now you use them,' She grumbled when Wanda stopped the flour from hitting her.

"Nat I told you, I want there to be love in the food. Love comes by hand making it,'

'You think about love, there'll be love in it no matter how it's made. Isn't that right, detka?' You were caught off guard but weren't surprised. There has never been a moment where you've successfully sneaked up on either of them. Though you're still quite determined to do so, one day you'll surely be successful in catching them off guard.

Appearing from your spot in the hallway, you made your way over to the pair, 'How long did you know I was there?' You whined while Natasha pulled you into her embrace, letting you get comfy in her lap.

'The whole time, you aren't quiet when you first get up,' A gentle kiss was placed on your cheek before you had the chance to fight back. Instead you melted into her side even more.

'It's a good thing that we wake up before you,' Wanda chimed in with a small laugh, remembering how clumsy and loud you are without realising it. Natasha kissed the small pout that formed on your face, turning it into a smile instead.

'Happy birthday, moya lyubov,' Natasha whispered against your lips, kissing you softly again. Wanda blew you a kiss while she was cooking, making a visible little red heart float its way to your cheek. Feeling your cheeks heat up and an uncontrollable smile, you hid your face in Natasha's neck.

'Happy birthday love, thank you for letting us spend another year with our favourite person,'

____

Even though you weren't in bed anymore they both made you go back and pretend to be surprised when they brought in all of your favourite food they had made. Now you were just happy to be cuddled between your two favourite people. You couldn't think of any better way to spend your birthday.

'Aw but can't we just stay here all day,' You pouted not wanting to move when they mentioned some of the plans they made for your birthday, 'I just want to cuddle and watch movies with you,' You cuddled further into Wanda's side, looking up with your best puppy eyes you knew she couldn't resist. No matter what they had planned they would do anything to make you happy. They wanted to make the day special but you always insisted that just being with them the whole day was special enough for you.

Natasha smiled, knowing that this was going to go your way. Especially after you pulled the, 'it's my birthday' card. Neither of them could resist. So she went to grab her laptop and the small gifts she had gotten for you. It was a strict no present rule that you were enforcing for this year. It was after they spoiled you last year, like you deserved. But you didn't want them to waste their money on you, even if they insisted it was what they really wanted to do for you. You were adamant on them not spending unnecessary money which they agreed to.

But the gifts Natasha was holding, you couldn't be mad at her since she technically didn't buy them, only the materials to make them. For the past few weeks, after both you and Wanda had fallen asleep she would get back up to work on these gifts for you. Wanting them to be just as special as you were to her.

'I want to try something,' Wanda spoke once Natasha had gotten settled back in the bed, swiftly hiding the presents from you under the blankets where you couldn't find them, 'We'll technically still be in bed, just like you want-' You cut her off with a kiss.

'Wands, love, as long as I'm with you and I don't care what else happens,' With that Wanda used her powers and with a flick of her hand your surroundings had changed.

From being in your shared room to outside in the place where you had shared your first birthday with the two of them. A nice picnic set up with all your favourite foods and snacks, next to a crystal clear creek, lots of shade and your favourite colour of flowers around you all. It all looked and felt so real, you were in awe. Wanda always knew how to surprise you and make things just as magical as she was.

'Wow, this is perfect,' You leaned forward grabbing the little picnic basket to take a peek at what was inside, 'A singular cupcake?' Laughing while confused a little bit.

'Oh! I made that!' Natasha exclaimed excitedly, Wanda laughed knowing how much effort it took to produce just the one cupcake. Natasha had gone to Wanda to teach her to bake, after almost two days on and off Natasha had made the cupcake all on her own, with Wanda to only supervise.

'Is it edible?' You joked around, both you and Wanda laughing while Natasha pouted and crossed her arms, 'I'm joking Nat, it's very cute. Thank you,' Giving her a kiss, and then Wanda one after she whined not wanting to leave either of them out.

'Speaking of things that I made for you, I...,' Natasha started, trailing off towards the end and pulling out the gifts instead. You wanted to be mad at her for breaking your rule but the way she looked so hopeful, excited and nervous all at once made you smile and take them from her hands.

The wrapping was beautifully done. You didn't want to ruin it but you could feel her nerves increasing the longer you took. Within the first lot of wrapping was a deck of small playing cards. It had a keyring through the top left to hold them altogether. Eyes tearing up when you realised each card had been individually personalised and decorated along with a reason that she loves you. 52 heartfelt reasons. They weren't just ones she copied off of the internet, you could tell they came from the heart.

Within the second was a set of homemade bookmarks, 'I know you like reading, especially when we aren't around since it takes your mind off missing us. But with these you don't have to miss us since we'll be right there with you,' Each bookmark was decorated with their symbols and little things you have said to associate with them both. You were glad Natasha broke your no present rule, these you would cherish for a long time.

You threw your arms around Natasha, 'Thank you so much, I love you so so much,'

'Aw Nat, who knew your heart was this soft,' Wanda teased, which earned a glare thrown her way, 'Love you too Natty,' Natasha rolled her eyes, smiling and leaning over for a kiss.

___

The sun was setting behind the movie you were watching. You were cuddled between them both, your head resting on Wanda's shoulder while she ran her fingers through your hair gently massaging. Natasha held your hand while her arm was wrapped around your waist, 'Thank you for today,' You whispered sleepily. It had been the perfect birthday and you never wanted it to end. Wishing you could stay like this every day. No more missions and no more missing them. But your eyes were betraying you since you had found ultimate comfort sandwiched between the pair.

'You're always more than welcome, detka. Happy birthday,' They both whispered and placed a kiss on either side of your head at the same time. You'd never felt more loved then you did in this moment, 'We love you more than you'll ever know,'