cycle | vent + hurt/comfort (n.r.)

TW: implied eating disorder/problems with food

You didn't realise how bad it had become again. You've never had a good relationship with food, not that you'd ever tell Natasha. It was something that you had always dealt with on your own and you didn't want to her to have to worry about your problems.

Thinking about food and consuming food didn't take up as much space in your mind to the point you thought you had recovered. You always ate with Natasha, not having skipped a meal in a few months.

But that was the problem. While recovering you had created a routine around eating that involved Natasha. When Natasha went on missions, at the start you were fine, managing to keep up with your recovery. You were proud of yourself, even when you were breaking. The longer you were left alone, the more heavy your thoughts would get.

The moment you noticed the tears rolling down your face while you tried to eat the dinner you just made, everything went downhill quickly. It became harder to hide how much you were struggling from Natasha. It was fine at first when Natasha was spending more time on missions then at home. But recently she hadn't been going on many missions.

On those few days Natasha would spend with you she had noticed a change in you. You weren't as affectionate towards her and you recoiled are any touch and affection she showed towards you. Natasha was hurt at first before realising there was a bigger problem you were dealing with.

Tears fell from both your eyes as you told Natasha everything that was going on with you after she had confronted you about it. Natasha stopped going on long missions to make sure you were okay. To her you always came first.

'Have you eaten today?' Natasha asked you as she sat down next to you on the couch. Natasha had been gone on a mission and just by seeing you curled up under a blanket on the couch she knew you weren't having a good day.

'Am I gonna get in trouble if I say no?' You were nervous but something inside of you wanted to be honest with Natasha.

Natasha sighed as she took your hands in her own, 'detka, I'm not disappointed or upset, I'm just worried about you. It all takes time, and I will be here every step you take. Until you can do this for yourself,' Tears started falling from your eyes. You didn't feel worthy or deserving of Natasha's support, 'I'm so proud of you every day, no matter what. You're so strong and I know one day you'll get to the place you want to be in. I'll always be here, I'm never going to leave you. Even on your worst days when you feel like giving up or giving in,'

'Thank you for everything Nat,'

'Anything for you, detka,'