needles | fluff (n.r.)

To say you were terrified of needles was an understatement. You managed to avoid any possible situation where needles would be involved. You had gone a few years without being near a needle, let alone a needle that was going to be stuck in you. That was until you met Natasha.

Natasha only wanted the best for you. She wanted you to be protected from anything that would harm you, including a virus. You had a really bad cold at the beginning of the year, Natasha took great care of you but that doesn't mean it didn't hurt her to see you so fragile.

You were Natasha's world, her source of happiness. She wouldn't forgive herself if something preventable happened to you. You agreed to get the annual flu vaccination so Natasha would stop asking you, but you never agreed on a particular date. You also requested that Natasha would go with you, considering she wants you to get it.

However, Natasha had been on a mission the last few weeks, so you had been getting out of going. You weren't against the vaccine, just the needles that contained the vaccine. Today was your unlucky day. As soon as Natasha got back she ushered you towards her car, driving you to the nearest hospital to get it done.

'You okay, detka?' You never told Natasha your fear of needles, but she could tell something was wrong by the way you were constantly bouncing your leg.

'Oh yeah...I'm fine,' Natasha wasn't convinced but she let it go knowing you would talk to her when you needed.

You took a sharp breath once you made your way into the waiting room. Your head was spinning and you felt like you were going to pass out. All you could feel was Natasha as she wrapped her arm around you. You felt frozen from all the fear within you that you didn't even hear your name being called until Natasha guided you towards the room. Before going inside you were stopped, Natasha spun you around so you were face-to-face with her.

'Detka, breathe,' Natasha cupped your cheeks, gently rubbing them, knowing it would always calm you down, 'Look at me, focus on me. You have a fear of needles, don't you?' Natasha had connected all the dots. You slowly nodded, trying to focus on Natasha's loving gaze, 'I'm sorry. But I just want you to know that I only want you to be safe and healthy. I never want anything bad to happen to you. We don't have to go through with this if you really don't want to. I'll take you home, out for ice-cream, anything you'd like,'

You smiled at Natasha as she rambled, 'Let's do this Natty,' You were determined to overcome your fear as long as you had Natasha by your side, 'Just...hold my hand?'

'Anything for you, detka,' Natasha instantly grabbed your hand lacing your fingers together. She gave your hand a soft kiss before you both entered the room. Natasha continued to play with your fingers while holding your hand, making you laugh softly.

'Alright all done,' The nurse smiled at you as she placed a bandage over where the needle had been placed.

'Wait it's over? Already?' You were surprised, you didn't feel a thing. You didn't even notice when the nurse had the needle.

'See it wasn't that bad was it?' Natasha smiled at you placing a soft kiss on your cheek.

'I guess you're good for something,'