afraid | fluff (w.m.)

Notes: 300 follower blurb celebration from tumblr
Request using the prompt: 'I do love you, you know. Even if I'm shit at showing it,'

_____________________

The only times Wanda had felt, been given or received love was from her parents and her twin brother. That was until you came along. You changed everything for Wanda. But you also brought back everything Wanda was afraid of.

Wanda had only ever loved and been loved by three people, their fates all the same. Wanda genuinely believed she brought bad luck to those that she loved and that loved her back the same. Which is why she had a hard time letting you in, letting herself feel love towards you and letting herself received the love you were willing to give her. You knew how you felt towards Wanda and exactly how to show them, though you were patient with her.

'You should know not to expect anything from Wanda, you have to be patient with her. If you break her heart I'll know where to find you,' Natasha warned you when she noticed how close you were getting with Wanda. She had to protect her best friend and make sure you only had good intentions. Wanda was fragile when it came to love. She tried to close herself off to it in general, though you had quickly become her exception.

You continued to give Wanda all of your love in anyway she was willing to accept at the time. You had done so much for her. Made her feel safe, content, and finally happy again. All the things Wanda feared. Though her fears soon involved one more. One that took place as her biggest fear. Wanda feared that she would lose you.

Wanda didn't know how to show her love, she wasn't really taught how to. It also didn't come naturally to her, like it did you. Wanda was lucky to have support from Natasha in times like these. Though Natasha wasn't an expert on this topic either she was still able to offer ideas and advice that she had heard from others.

Wanda led you to the table she had set up earlier. You smiled and closed your eyes enjoying the familiar smell of your favourite food. Wanda had cooked it just for you. Your eyes widened but quickly softened as you connected it all together. Wanda loves cooking, she had cooked your favourite meal, it was her way of showing and saying that she loves you.

You smiled, reaching out to hold Wanda's hand in your own. Wanda relaxed and melted into your touch. This was the start of Wanda not letting her fears control her, she was going to take back control and allow herself to fully love you and to fully be loved by you.

'I do love you, you know. Even if I'm shit at showing it,'

'I know you do, and I love you too. I'll wait for you no matter how long it takes, you're my favourite person. My forever and always,'