just like a dream | fluff (n.r.)

Summary: 'She looks like a dream...the prettiest girl I've ever seen,' no one had ever looked at Natasha the way you do
_____________________
You and your girlfriend Natasha had been driving along the coastline. Natasha had one hand on your thigh while using the other to steer. Occasionally you looked up from the scenery in front of you, glancing at Natasha. You were just infatuated with her. You couldn't understand how someone so sweet, smart and beautiful could be yours. But here she was and you couldn't be happier.

'What's got you smiling over there,' Natasha saw you staring at her through the corner of her eye.

'You,' You smiled softly letting out a content sigh.

It's days like today you are the most thankful for. You both finally had some downtime together away from the compound and away from your responsibilities as avengers. It was just you and Natasha.

'Stop it,' Natasha whined, 'you're so cheesy,'

'Only for my best girl,' You placed your hand on top of Natasha's lacing your fingers together.

You went back to looking at the ocean wondering where Natasha was taking you. You let the music fill your ears. Natasha glanced at you when she heard you start singing, smiling softly, she couldn't believe how lucky she was.

The rest of the drive turned into you putting on a 2 hour concert for Natasha. Of course Natasha enjoyed every minute of it. Eventually the car was stopped at your destination, with you now asleep in the passenger seat. Natasha quietly got out of the car trying not wanting to wake you yet.

She grabbed the blanket and food she prepared earlier setting it all out before opening your side door crouching next to you.

'Malyshka,' Natasha softly whispered cupping your cheek causing you to stir awake, 'Close your eyes for me,' she chuckled when you raised your eyebrow at her, 'I promise I won't let you fall like last time,'

'Last time I trust you with this Tasha. Don't make me regret it,' Natasha helped you out of the car as you kept your eyes closed. Her hands laced with yours guiding you gently.

'You're not going to kill me right?' You laughed out.

'If you don't stop talking I just might,' Suddenly you came to a stop. Natasha moved so she was standing behind you, her hands moving to cover your eyes.

'You can open your eyes detka,' You were met with darkness but almost instantly Natasha took her hands away and you were met with the most breathtaking view. You were standing on a cliff that overlooked the ocean below you, next to you Natasha had set up a small picnic.

'I used to come here when I had days off to try and relax. I'd watch the ocean break letting the world's problems wash away with the ocean,' Natasha popped the champagne bottle handing you a glass, 'It's the perfect place to watch the sunset,' Just as Natasha described the sun was starting to set. The beautiful hues danced across the sky.

'It's beautiful here Tasha. Thank you for bringing me here,' You looked at Natasha with a smile on your face while she watched the sunset. In this light and in this moment Natasha was the only thing on your mind. You counted your blessings every day that you got to spend with her. To you Natasha was perfect. 'She looks like a dream...the prettiest girl I've ever seen,' You softly whispered to yourself while looking at her.

A grin made its way onto Natasha's face as she heard you, even though she wasn't meant to hear those words that just fell from your mouth, 'What was that detka?' By the look on Natasha's face you knew she had heard what you said.

'I know you heard me,' You gazed into the eyes that you called home.

'I just want to hear it again,' Natasha quietly whined. No one had ever talked about her in the way that you did, it made her heart melt knowing you only had pure intentions towards her.

'She looks like a dream...the prettiest girl I've ever seen,' Closing the gap between you and Natasha, kissing her softly. Natasha couldn't control the blush that spread over her face, 'What's going on in that pretty head of yours Natty?'

'You treat me so well. People normally treat me like I'm a means to an end,' Natasha looked down tears threatening to fall, 'But you, you don't. I feel safe when I'm with you, like I'm finally home. Your gaze, oh it's my favourite. It's so soft and so different. I'm completely in love with you,' The sunset was long forgotten as you both gazed into each others eyes. Natasha had finally found her person. Her person that doesn't want her to be anything else, just herself.

'You deserve the world. You deserve to be treated and showered with so much love. I promise to always show you how much you mean to me. I love you, just you, forever and always Natasha Romanoff,'