chaos magic fidgets | fluff (w.m.)

reader has adhd :)

The bedroom was set up with a wide arrange of snacks and drinks ready for the movie marathon you and Wanda had been planning for months now. Both being the only ones to absolutely love halloween you clicked instantly when you met each other. Quickly becoming best friends over your love for this holiday, it made sense that the two of you would do something together, just you and Wanda.

'Wow Wands, you went full out. Did you make these?' You picked up the little cupcakes that were perfectly decorated with little spiders and some with little ghosts and pumpkins. Wanda nodded and smiled, proud of her work and making you happy with her baking, 'These are so cute. I'm obsessed,' You continued to admire the cupcakes. Squealing when Wanda picked you up and fell back onto the bed with you.

'Want to pay me some attention now or do I need a cupcake costume for you to notice me,' Wanda played around, your laughter dying down.

'I mean, I think you would make a cute cupcake, so,' You playfully thought about it until Wanda continued to shut down the idea, 'Wands... the scarlet cupcake,' You laughed until you couldn't breathe, thinking your idea was hilarious.

You grabbed one of each cupcake after spending a good few minutes not being able to decide which one you wanted with Wanda telling you to hurry up or she would play the movie without you. You cuddled up next to Wanda with your snacks and started to watch the movie.

'Wait what? What happened? Why?' Your mind had trailed off during the movie and you happened to zone out, thinking about other things mainly just daydreaming different scenarios. But when you brought your attention back you were lost and confused with the movie. Starting to become upset with yourself since you couldn't even make it that long until you lost your focus. It was fine when you were focused on the cupcakes, you like to fidget with things in your hands and when you don't have anything your mind wanders.

'What do you mean? How did you miss what happened? It was such a big thing?' Wanda furrowed her eyebrows and turned her head to look at you. Internally you slightly retreated back into yourself, afraid of not seeming normal to others and wished you had kept your confusion to yourself so you could have avoided this.

'Oh wait,' You dryly laughed, 'Never mind I didn't miss it. I don't know why I got confused all of a sudden,' You tried to lie and cover it up but Wanda knew you better. Instead she made you both sit opposite each other and took your hands into her own. She didn't make you look at her so you kept your head low.

'Love, what's going on? You know you can tell me anything right? Did you not want to watch this movie, or any of the movies?' Wanda got worried that she was making you do something you didn't want to.

'No, Wands I want to watch the movies with you. I really really do you have to trust me,' Looking into her eyes in hopes that she could see in your eyes that you were telling her the truth, 'I just - no, you'll think I'm weird,' You tried to pull your hands away but Wanda held on tighter and pulled you into her lap. Your back against her front, you started to play with her fingers.

'See this,' Wanda gestured to her and the rest of the room, 'This is a safe space, and I want it to be a safe space for you. For us. To be able to talk about anything that we need,' The more you thought about it, you did feel the most comfortable with Wanda, she was a safe person for you.

You continued to fidget with Wanda's fingers as you paid attention to the conversation and thinking about what you were going to say next to her, 'I just - I struggle sometimes to stop my mind from bouncing around from thing to thing. Generally whatever is new or gives the most mental stimulation I guess,' You sighed, 'Movies are hard, I don't know why but they are the hardest things to focus on. I always need something to do. Like I fidget a lot and when I do that it helps me focus more on the movie. It must sound weird,' Furrowing your eyebrows, trying not to lose yourself in the negative thoughts you tend to get, especially about these things.

'None of that sounds weird to me. I can't say that I relate to it, but I know that you and how you feel is perfectly valid,' Wanda was perfect in every way, 'What do you normally fidget with?' She asked all the right questions and said all the right things. All your life these little things other people called weird and not normal, she was making everything feel normalised.

'I have fidget specific toys but I left them in my room. I didn't want you to think it was silly or weird or anything,' You admitted quietly.

Wanda didn't say anything, instead she held you closer until she could sense a small smile coming from you, 'Hey lovely, can I try something?' Wanda asked hesitantly. You nodded and followed her directions, laying completely against her front, closing your eyes and letting your body relax, 'I haven't tried this properly yet so it might not work, but I hope it does,' She let her powers glow gently as she raised her hands to your forehead. From there she let them trail down your arms, slowly getting stronger until she reached your hands.

Pushing your hands together, she held them together within her own hands. Gently pulling away and stopping the flow of her powers out of herself she whispered for you to open your eyes again, 'Pull your hands apart, but gently and slowly,' You did as Wanda said and your eyes widened when you realised what she had done, 'I hope this is okay. It'll only last as long as you want it to,'

Wanda had placed a transfer holding spell that allowed for some of her magic to be held in any area that she wanted it to. Smiling, you played with the magic that was in your hands. Wanda was behind you, teaching you how to move the magic around so you could create your own temporary fidget toy.

'Wands, this is amazing. I can't thank you enough,' Your mind was blown at how this was even possible. You made all kinds of shapes and twisted it and it mimicked exactly like your favourite fidgets you had back in your room, the ones you used all the time.

'You never have to thank me,' Wanda kissed your temple and went to play the movie but stopped herself, 'Do you want to continue the movie marathon?' She asked you so sweetly.

You nodded quickly and the rest of the night went perfectly. You made it through all of the movies and learnt how to manipulate the small amount of Wanda's magic in ways that she has never been able to move it. Wanda was the most accommodating person you had ever met and you were more than thankful to have someone like her in your life.