gifts | fluff (n.r.)

You loved giving people gifts, especially those you were close to. To you it served as a gesture of your affection and care towards the person receiving the gift. Being able to show someone how much you love them through such a small act brought you comfort and peace.

Though not everyone in your life was receptive to the gifts you gave them. Your ex in particular would make a huge deal over all the gifts you would give, not understanding the act of love behind it. 'The way to my heart shouldn't be through money,' you were constantly told. Even if you hadn't bought it, you were still reminded of it.

Slowly you had been broken down to the point where you stopped giving people gifts. Not being able to express your emotions and feelings through small gifts broke you inside. All you wanted was those closest to you to know and understand how much they meant to you in a way that came naturally to you.

You were hesitant to give Natasha a gift the first time. You had just come home after a few days on a mission with a small keychain in your hand. You weren't sure how Natasha would react, you definitely didn't want her to be upset with you.

'What's wrong, detka?' Natasha noticed how anxious you were through the small but noticeable shaking through your hug.

'I got you this,' You shyly handed Natasha the spider keychain. You were surprised when her eyes lit up and a wide smile took over her face before pulling you in for a bone crushing hug.

Since then you continued to give Natasha small gifts, things that reminded you of her. Every time you watched the happiness wash over her face. You were finally happy again, being able to express your affection. Natasha deserved the world and you were going to give it to her one gift at a time.

Today was no different. You and Natasha were camping along the coast. While Natasha was making dinner you had gone for a walk along the beach. You came across the most beautiful shell you had seen. It was white with hues of green decorated into the shell. All you could see was Natasha's eyes in the shell, your favourite shade of green. You picked up the shell and ran straight back to where Natasha was.

'Detka, this is beautiful,' Tears welled in Natasha's eyes, looking towards the shell you had just given her, 'No one's ever given me gifts like this before,' The smile on her face never faltered, her eyes looking at you with so much love and admiration.

'No one's ever gotten gifts for you before?' Natasha deserved more than you could ever give her so it confused you why no one had ever treated her this way.

'Never,' Natasha pulled you in for a passionate kiss, 'Thank you,' She mumbled against your lips.

'You deserve the world Nat. I love you,'