late | fluff (n.r.)

"Natasha we have to leave!' You yelled for Natasha as you grabbed your keys heading for the front door, 'We're already 10 minutes late,' You heard your girlfriend mumble under her breath while she caught up with you at the door.

'I don't want to leave him,' Natasha pouted. If this wasn't an important mission briefing then you would've let yourselves enjoy a day at home.

You arrived at the compound only 45 minutes late. You groaned knowing the scolding you were about to incur from Steve. This time though it was Natasha's fault that you both were late. Not that anyone would believe you, Natasha was known for her punctuality. You were not so everyone would just assume it was you who made the two of you run late.

'Look who finally decided to join us,' Tony's voice laced with sarcasm rang through the conference room once you both had entered.

'What did Y/N do this time?' You sent a glare at Natasha having known they would blame you.

'Look, it's not my fault we got distracted,' Natasha tried to defend herself after noticing the glare you were giving her.

'No? Then whose is it?' Raising an eyebrow at her, causing her to smile sheepishly at you.

'Liho's,' You couldn't help but let out a laugh at how serious Natasha had answered you.

'You're really out here blaming a cat,' Shaking your head as you sat down next to Natasha at the table.

'It's not my fault he's cute-'

'Wait since when did you get a cat,' Tony cut Natasha off. Everyone knew Natasha wouldn't let you get a dog yet, so hearing you got a cat was surprising to them.

'Since Natasha brought him home this morning,' You weren't complaining. You loved Liho the moment Natasha carried him through the door along with two bags full of supplies. Both of you just wanted to stay home and shower him with love.

'He was giving me little help me eyes and a little meow when I stopped. What was I meant to do? I'm not a monster!' Natasha exclaimed, leaning back and crossing her arms, pouting at you. You leaned over to give her a quick kiss, her pout instantly turning into a smile.

'Who knew Romanoff had a heart,'