you're cold | fluff (w.m.)

Notes: 300 follower celebration from tumblr
Request using prompts: 'you're cold' + 'Just...hold my hand,'

____________________________

You never got a childhood growing up. You were taken from your parents at a young age by Russian scientists who seemed to put you through every test and injection they could get their hands on. You were poked and probed daily, essentially a lab rat being forced to do whatever they wanted you to. It was a matter of life or death and you wanted to survive. There was always a small part of you that knew you would get through anything they threw at you.

It wasn't until the avengers raided the bunker you were kept in, saving you and bringing you back to the compound. Though you despised tests you allowed them to run some on you, hoping you would be able to understand what those scientists did to you. All tests indicated that you were an enhanced human with pyrokinesis.

You were afraid of yourself. You had no idea how to control it and you were afraid of accidentally hurting those around you. Living in the avenger compound, they had started to help you with hand-to-hand combat since they weren't able to help you with your powers.

Wanda was the first to properly approach you around the compound. She intrigued you. Wanda never seemed afraid of you like some of the other avengers had. Despite all your efforts to stay away from anyone, especially Wanda. She had seemed to find a spot in your life.

Your eyes lit up when Wanda had told you that she also had powers. You didn't feel so alone. With the help of Wanda you had begun to understand yourself more and had learnt to control them. You started opening up to the other avengers once you realised you weren't a monster or a burden and you weren't going to accidentally hurt someone.

Over the year you and Wanda had become inseparable, both of your feelings for each other growing more each day. Wanda succeeded in winning you over after you eventually agreed, letting her take you out on a date.

'I can't believe it started raining,' Wanda huffed. The rain had ruined her date she had set up for you. When the rain set you both packed up the picnic and headed for the closest shelter.

'The rain can be soothing,' You were trying to cheer Wanda up though it didn't appear to be working.

'Not when you're stuck in it,' Wanda mumbled leaning against the wall of the building you were taking shelter in. You looked over at Wanda and saw her shake a little and small bumps appearing all over her uncovered arms.

'You're cold,' Unlike you, being trapped in her rain soaked clothes was effecting her.

'Am not,' Wanda crossed her arms trying not to show any signs of being cold, knowing you could read her like a book.

'Wanda,' Your voice was soft but laced with concern, 'Just...hold my hand,' Wanda took the hand you held out for her.

You brought her closer to you before slowly starting to heat your body up sending warmth throughout Wanda's body. Wanda looked between your hands and your eyes before holding your gaze. A smile spread across her face while her eyes held nothing but love and admiration for you.

'You're beautiful, Y/N/N, especially that heart of yours,' You held her hands, keeping her warm until the rain had stopped.