falling for natasha | angst + fluff (n.r.)

Summary: After a heart break you didn't think you could piece yourself back together and love again. With the help of a certain red head maybe everything will be okay again..

Pairings: Natasha Romanoff x Reader / Wanda Maximoff x Reader (past)

Warnings: slight angst. Heartbreak, sad themes, slight mention of disordered eating

---------------------------------------------------------------

'I'm so sorry Y/N, but I think we should take a break,' Wanda spoke up through the tension that filled your shared room.

You and Wanda had grown close since you both joined the team at similar times. Being the two new people, it just made sense to stick together. However, lately it seemed like the two of you couldn't do anything without it leading to arguments. The things that you both loved and adored about each other now irritate the pair. You had believed that it was your fault. That you were too clingy and selfish with Wanda's affection and time. But in reality, you both had been withdrawing from each other for a while, neither of you wanted to accept the hard truth about the end of your relationship. Until now.

'A break?' You had seen this coming, but it still hurt you to hear the words coming out of your lovers mouth.

'I just think it's for the best,' You stayed silent as Wanda sighed and continued to speak, 'All our conversations lead to arguments. We need some time for ourselves. I don't want to ruin the chance of a friendship and we have to think of what's best for the team,' What about what's best for me you thought.

'How long?' Your voice was barely a whisper, not wanting to chance breaking down in front Wanda.

'I have a month-long mission. So, we'll talk about us when I'm back, okay?'

'Okay,' You didn't feel like arguing so agreeing seemed like the easiest way out of this conversation.

'I'm sorry,' Wanda whispered as she walked out of the room and out of your life.

You hadn't cried harder than you did that night after Wanda left. Everything in your life just felt wrong. You knew breaking out of the shared routines would be the worst. The worst thing was waiting for Wanda to get back from her mission for the inevitable break up you wanted to deny for as long as you could.

---------------------------------------------------------------

It had been about a year and a half since you and Wanda had broken up. For the longest time you believed that things were never going to get better. That you would never get over Wanda and repair your broken heart. You couldn't bare seeing Wanda in the compound every day, so you decided to move into a little apartment near the compound.

It was hard living on your own and away from the people you considered to be family. But you were grateful for a certain red head. Natasha had helped you slowly piece yourself back together. She was there on the days when you couldn't be there for yourself. She brought you food when you hadn't eaten in days. She was there to make sure you took care of yourself, the bare necessities you needed to function. Natasha had been your rock.

Naturally, you both grew close together. The pair of you had grown quite fond of each other and soon enough you found yourself being able to give a part of you that you thought Wanda had taken from you when she left. You were beginning to fall for Natasha.

A few months after you accepted the fact you had fallen madly in love with Natasha, you decided it was finally time to tell her. Hopefully the feelings were mutual.

'Hey Natty,' You stepped aside to let her in. Natasha was happily surprised to see you completely back to your old self. She enjoyed seeing you smile.

'Dorogoy,' Natasha embraced you once she was inside, 'what smells good?'

'I made us dinner,' You happily walked back into the kitchen and began to serve up for the two of you.

You had tried to make everything as romantic as you could. You really wanted to show Natasha just how much she means to you. You had gone out and bought a tablecloth for your table. Dressing it with candles and champagne, everything seemed perfectly placed.

'Mm, this is delicious detka. Who knew you could cook?' Natasha joked around with you. Months ago, you would've mentioned Wanda anytime someone brought up how well you can cook. But now you barely even thought of the witch.

'Guess it's just one of my many talents,'

'I'd say your only talent. How you haven't been kicked off the team yet astounds me,' You and Natasha couldn't hold your laughter any longer. Everything felt right. Everything felt lighter and you couldn't be happier.

'I could show you another talent of mine later,'

'Oh yeah,' Natasha raised her eyebrow and smirked at you.

Without warning all the nerves you had pushed to the back of your mind came rolling to the front. You didn't know how to tell Natasha that you had feelings for her. You were scared to get your heart broken again. You were scared to ruin the friendship that held you together for the last year.

'What's going on in that pretty head of yours, detka,' Natasha reached out and held your hand across the table. She was concerned at your sudden mood change.

'Natasha,' You started, slowly stroking her hand with your thumb, 'I just wanted to thank you for everything you've done for me the past year. I don't know what I would've done if I didn't have you,' You had this newfound confidence and you decided to roll with it while it took control of your actions.

You stood up from your chair and walked around to where Natasha was sitting. You lifted her chin so she was looking at you before leaning down and capturing her lips with yours. It wasn't a long kiss but it held all of your emotions and feelings within it.

'Is that how you thank all your friends,' Natasha breathed out as you pulled away leaning your forehead against hers. You knew that one action brings her the most comfort.

'Only the ones I really like,'

'I guess you're lucky that I really like you too,' Natasha leaned in pressing her lips against yours. The kiss was soft but intimate.

You felt relieved that Natasha felt the same way. You were the happiest you've been since Wanda. The rest of the night was spent cuddled up together watching your favourite movies while stealing kisses from each other. You found comfort being wrapped up in Natasha's arms, it felt like home.

'It's getting late. I should head back,' Natasha moved from underneath you and went to get up from the couch until your hand stopped her

'Stay. Please.' With that Natasha fell right back into your arms.