a nightmare before christmas | fluff (y.b.)

'What about A Nightmare Before Christmas?' You and Yelena were having a movie night since you both had the night off. Since it was between Halloween and Christmas you suggested a movie that would cover both the holidays.

'Sure, I mean I've never seen it,' Yelena shrugged not understanding the power of her words.

'What do you mean you've never seen it?' Your mouth was wide open, you couldn't believe Yelena hadn't seen such an iconic movie.

'Y/N/N remember where I grew up,' Yelena raised her eyebrow, smirking as the realisation dawned on you.

'Oh right. Well you're in for a treat!' You had to make Yelena's first time watching this movie a great experience, 'I'll be right back,' You left to grab all the supplies you needed. You walked back in the room, arms full of various candy along with two mugs of hot chocolate. Made in your Jack and Sally mugs of course.

'I hope you're ready to have a new favourite movie,' Winking at Yelena, you grabbed the blanket and cuddled into her pressing play on the movie.

You kept watching Yelena to gauge her reaction to the movie. When it ended you were certain Yelena didn't like the movie. She didn't say much about it but seemed deep in thought. So your mood deflated as you packed everything up and went to bed.

'Can we watch A Nightmare Before Christmas again?' Yelena asked you every night for the next two weeks. You were pleasantly surprised at first but quickly growing tired of watching it so much. You couldn't say no to Yelena when she used her frown against you, so every night for two weeks you both stayed wrapped up in each other watching her new favourite movie.

'I want to give you an early Christmas present, Lena,' You watched as your girlfriend excitedly moved towards you, 'Surprise!' You held two plushies, a Jack Skellington one and a Zero one. Yelena had become obsessed with those two especially. Your smile widened as Yelena's eyes lit up at the plushies in her hands.

'Thank you so much, detka,' Yelena wrapped her arms around you placing a gentle kiss on your lips, pulling back so she could continue to admire the present you had just given her.

'I hadn't expected you to love this movie as much as you do,' You were still surprised. You loved that she loved it, considering it was also one of your favourite movies, 'I'm not complaining it's one of my favourites, just surprised is all,'

'I see a lot of myself in Jack Skellington. At the time I believed what I was doing for the world was good. But instead all I was doing was making people scared of me,' Your eyes softened at her words, understanding how hard her life was before being freed from the Red Room, 'Plus he has a dog. I want a dog,' You couldn't hold back your laugh. Yelena would always make it known how much she wanted a dog, she knew how to bring every conversation back to it.

'Well I'll always be your Sally,'